Cubase 12.0.60 maintenance update now available

What about problem with button acoustic feedback in audio editor after closing the window. All settings are reset always.
Cubase 12.06 (win10)

Is it safe if I I rollback to the 12.0.52 using the previous versions available here ?

Yes, I have the same issue with the Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 ā€¦ you have to manually touch the pad to light its colourā€¦ now you confirm to me that itā€™s a post upgrade issue.

Rollbacked to the 12.0.52, everything is OK.

1 Like

My performance meter for ASIO GUARD is peaking all the time. Even with an empty project. Many people have mentioned the same problem and the new update didn t fix thatā€¦

C12.6
w12
RME Fireface UC

2 Likes

So is the project erroring out and/or crashing or is it running just fine despite a meter doing something?

It s not crushing and even if the performance peaks red, the CPU is stable at around 3-4%. I just hear clicks and it s destroying my workflowā€¦ So, it s not the CPU. Another problem is that when the project is playing, even if it has a single mono audio track, when I adjust the volume of the waveform, the disk peaks and I hear noises. It only stops when I stop the playback and click on the project windowā€¦ And it s an SSD M2 only for the projects. So in this case, the SSD isnt responsible, it s a bugā€¦

FWIW I read as well on the cubase related fb groups that many others seem to have perf. issues with the new intel gen 12+13 processors. It may not be an issue in Cubase only BTW but may have more to do with how new E/P cores work. Thatā€™s why I decided to wait and use meanwhile Ryzen 59xx processors.

1 Like

That was my first thoughtā€¦ I may try to shut down the E cores and see what happensā€¦

These days I just noticed that the audio track makes some pop noise even though the CPU/ASIO load is very low such as around 10% ave. I guess Iā€™m hearing this noise sometimes when I use the AudioWarp. But itā€™s not always, I played the song again and sometimes the noise is not happening.
(Windows 10, i7-13700KF, Radeon RX6600XT)

I have also the ASIO peaks problem since the beginning but didnā€™t notice any noises or cracks so I just donā€™t look at it , with an I9 10850k

1 Like

After taking time and building a newer Pc i tried three types of graphics cards , my 12 year old well capable HD7790 and i never had much trouble with peaks , had troubles but not peaks , i bought a new GT730 series that Steinberg say they support the 700 series upwards and i had horrendous problems with not being able record VSTiā€™s on a lower buffer than 256 or even playing back a project on 256 so i bought another graphics card ,a GTX1050 and guess what ? ALL my spikes have gone , it doesnā€™t matter if i open ,close anything , start , stop ,the Asio meter (apart from disk streaming ) does not move or peak out at all , all yesterday a worked on a fairly large project for me and not once did the ASIO meter peak to the red , i was pretty shocked as Steinberg state that graphics cards are not important , well to my personal system , graphics is damn important as i found out yesterday , it makes the difference of peaking out from a quarter and glitching to sitting totally stable at a quarter . So my conclusion is , if anyone on Pc that isnā€™t running a 12/13th gen has peak problems a possibility is your graphics card .

Not important means you donā€™t need a powerful graphics card. It doesnā€™t mean any will work. I use the onboard video at 4k with no spikes

Iā€™ve been having a lot of slowdowns along the timeline, and when I write automation - and it seems related to the GPU. I may try a different one this weekend, or the onboard.

1 Like

But when you buy a supported card and still peaks out ? (700series) ive started a new topic . in the lounge

no))) its just switch off every time when u close the editor window.

Because Iā€™m impatient, I decided to update to 12.0.60 anyway just because. As it turned out, it may not have been a good move because I had a random crash which never happened with 12.0.50, and Sound Particles Sky Dust demo crashes constantly. Iā€™m gonna return to 12.0.50 to see if thatā€™s more stable.

Update: I rolled back to 12.0.50 and my problems were resolved. I guess 12.0.60 wasnā€™t ready for its closeup.

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s what the topic I posted talks about. :roll_eyes:

I want to back again to 12.0.50, i have some crashes and issues with the latest version.

1 Like