Cubase 12 ONLY - Drop outs in Kontakt when more than 4 librarys playing

Hi, please allow me to revive this old topic.

EDIT : After watching your video, these are not the same “dropouts” as I expected…
The following may still be related, I’ll leave it for those who want to read it.

I’m currently experiencing a similar issue with the Spitfire dedicated plugin (not Kontakt).
This was also confirmed by several users.

When two or more instances of the same plugin are loaded, and when playing them at the same time, there are CPU spikes and audio dropouts when the plugins receive Note On/Off messages.

Disabling Multi Processing in Cubase fixes the issue completely, but doing so reduces the overall performance so it’s not a permanent solution.

Otherwise, when Multi Processing is enabled, tweaking the core affinity for Cubase.exe also fixes the issue, until next time the audio engine is reset (changing buffer size for example), in which case tweaking the affinity fixes it again, even when checking back all cores.

The more I think about this issue, the more I believe this is a Cubase issue rather than a Spitfire issue. When looking at their walkthrough videos, they are using Logic and such issue never occurs. They can stack multiple instruments and it runs flawlessly.

This may be related to the “performance issues” that people are experiencing since Cubase 12 was released. Indeed, a lot of users complained about audio dropouts and CPU spikes occurring with very small projects.

Something feels very wrong with how Cubase handles the processing between multiple CPU cores, as tweaking the affinity seems to “rearrange” the instructions properly.

This requires serious investigation from the Steinberg team as soon as possible.
Thanks for your understanding.

Here’s the full detailed topic :
Audio dropouts when using two of the same Spitfire plugin (MIDI issue)