Cubase 12 performance is a nightmare

Hi @AntonVorozhtsov,
I see two possible explanations for your issue:

1. Indeed, we observed a little higher base load on some intel CPUs with Cubase 12, compared to C11. This impacts low latency use cases like yours. The issue was particularly present on older generations of i7 processors (8th generation and older) with a medium core count (~12 - 24). It affects some, not all systems and we were not able to find the root cause. Do you run such a system? There’s no other way than to increase your latency, to work around this issue, I’m sorry.

2. A second issue which could be related with yours: When starting with fresh preferences, it can happen that the top most output bus ( the default one, created by Cubase on first startup) is processed with real time latency, where it should be processed with the resource-friendly Asio Guard latency. Particularly, when you use master effects, this can impose reasonable load onto your system and break your low latency experience. This issue is not new in C12, but only present when working with the initial output bus after the install (or when starting with fresh prefs, as said).

To work around this issue, either:

1. in Audio Connections: delete the first output entry and create a new one and use it, or
  2. in Audio Connections: create a second output bus and use it instead of the first bus (subsequent buses are processed with the Asio guard latency)

I hope this was helpful for you.
Cheers, Chriss

6 Likes