Cubase 12 - Pinch to zoom with Apple trackpad not working?

“Zoom and scroll with trackpad, magic mouse and mouse wheel are now consistent with the macOS settings” (from the release C12 notes)

This was what I was most excited about and the main reason I paid my £85… am I missing a preference or something? Or does it just not work?

6 Likes

It’s no different here either, using a Magic Trackpad.

The lack of proper pinch/zoom on a Mac is annoying. All the other DAW’s implemented it years ago.

4 Likes

Same here, been waiting for this feature as well.

1 Like

no succes here with cubase 12. I hope this bug will be fixed soon

1 Like

Same here. not working

1 Like

any idea when this bug will be fixed ?

1 Like

Same, was one of the main reasons I bought Cubase 12!

1 Like

At least I’m not alone. I would really like to see “Zoom and scroll with trackpad” working.

2 Likes

How we can add the tag issue to this thread, so it’s registered as a bug ?
see How to format a bug report

1 Like

#issue

1 Like

It looks like “Zoom and scroll with trackpad, magic mouse and mouse wheel are now consistent with the macOS settings.” is still not working with Cubase 12.0.10

1 Like

Command + 2 fingers Scroll Left or Right or up or down

G or H - Shift + G or H

I believe this is the way Steinberg
Intended for it to work. Not like Logic…

2 Likes

Cubase 12.0.20 Update Released… Stil not working

1 Like

any news about this ?

From what I gather, Steinberg does not intend for this to mean you can pinch to zoom on Mac, unfortunately.

@Matthias_Quellmann replied to me in another thread when I asked about this, saying, “It’s just about the direction of the gesture and the zoom direction.”

Steinberg - please consider this. It makes the app feel so broken.

1 Like

+1 , please consider this.

1 Like

Please support this! It is one of the main reasons I upgraded to version 12.

1 Like

This is literally the sole reason I do not use Cubase. Lack of such a basic UI feature makes Cubase feel broken compared with not only Logic, but also Ableton, Studio One, and I suspect other DAWs. I use pinch to zoom every few seconds in DAWs; not having it isn’t an option.

2 Likes

Same. I love Cubase but it makes it unusable.

1 Like