Cubase 12 - Pinch to zoom with Apple trackpad not working?

i added it to [WIKI] [Cubase 12.0.50] Issues -- user editable

1 Like

Any updates here by chance?

1 Like

Maybe it helps if we vote for this topic ? I already did this.

1 Like

Feature is not implemented in 12.0.40

It’s a shame that we can’t use pinch fonctions of the trackpad, it’s so much handier. It should be at least an option. Please Steinberg, upgrade this…! #issue #cubase

4 Likes

Without me even having a trackpad, I have no words for how embarrassing I find the fact that Steinberg simply ignores a basic UI feature that has been around for 15 years. How can any major software suite just not support this in 2022?!

4 Likes

Steinberg - is this on your radar?

This. Also ability to expand and contract vertically with key modifier and apple Magic Mouse, not just horizontally. That is even more baffling omission.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get in touch with Steinberg about this? Feature requests don’t seem to get any attention.

2 Likes

If it is a “bug”, a function which should work official but doesn’t, you can use the request support form in your steinberg account and report it there. Issue topics/reports definitely get more attention than new feature requests!

I guess Steinberg isn’t really known for adding basic functionality and workflow enhancements / updates that should have been there years ago.

Theres many things I can’t believe still aren’t in Cubendo.

it looks like it’s removed from the wiki. Don’t know why.
Maybe we must push this thread more so Steinberg will think about implementing this ?

2 Likes

Ping - this is really really important from a usability POV!

4 Likes

If this can encompass some modifier key for vertical scrolling for those of us that don’t want to use touchpads or if you use a magic mouse using the command+vertical/command+horizontal for vertical/horizontal zooming PLEASEEE
Why we have horizontal but not vertical scrolling is a mystery…

1 Like

Steinberg - is this on your radar?

1 Like

Uh, Still not possible ? bummer , but ok: back to Ableton and Logic

1 Like

Steinberg please implement this finally. Navigating in Cubase is a nightmare. I have bound the crosshair to my middle mousekey, which is the best option for me so far to navigate quickly through the project.

But using a trackpad for vertically and horizontally scrolling and zooming in and out would be much easier.

1 Like

Check this out. It works well.

Thx @ozinga for bringing this thread to my attention! Somehow I missed it tough it should have been the first to promote PinchBar :man_shrugging:

For everyone else: “Pinch to zoom with Apple trackpad not working” is exactly what I fixed on my MacBook last March, have since prepared for release and started sharing with Cubase’s community a couple of weeks ago.

As a senior software engineer, I decided to make it publicly available as an open source tool that, while running in the background, adds all kinds of trackpad zoom features to Cubase:

• Continuous pinch to zoom horizontally towards the mouse pointer (same as CMD+scroll)
  • CMD+pinch to zoom in/out vertically (same as SHIFT+G/H with default keybindings)
  • ALT+pinch to zoom in/out waveform only (same as ALT+G/H)

PinchBar works out of the box for all versions of Cubase, on all Intel/Apple Silicon Macs, with internal trackpad and/or Magic Trackpad, no configuration needed (i.e. for default keybindings in Cubase. It can be configured for other keybindings and even other apps like Mail, Safari, Terminal, Xcode, etc.).

At this point, I can say it’s absolutely stable and all the feedback has been very positive so far. So, please, give it a try and don’t hesitate to ask for further features or support:

I’m currently working on conventional and Magic Mouse support for all zoom features, so that Cubase (using PinchBar) will soon surpass others DAWs’ navigation features. Stay tuned :wink:

5 Likes

Nice , and thanks ! however I want Steinberg to fix this issue.

3 Likes