Cubase 13.0.30 with large space above mixer

In this version of Cubase 13.0.30 I cannot bring the Faders closer to the volume meters like in version 13.0.21. I got used to this function, which makes mixing visibility much easier. I would like this function back in the next updates.

3 Likes

Cubase 13.0.30

1 Like

Cubase 13.0.21

Channel latency viewing option?

1 Like

It’s not about latency.
In the previous version, you can bring the faders closer to the volume meter, without this empty space, as in the Cubase 13.0.21 image. This way, the Faders are much larger and have better visibility for mixing.

1 Like

While I prefer the GUI improvements introduced, I also noticed this issue of the faders having a ceiling on how tall you can make them (resulting in blank space above them)

1 Like

And all your fader caps are white, same issue me and other people are having.

I also liked the new version 13.0.30. I just wish that this function of approximating the Fader and meters was not changed. It’s an unnecessary space. I like to mix by just seeing the meters, I deactivate the function of seeing inserted plugins, routings and sends. In the next updates it would be great to have this functionality again.

1 Like

Yes. Same issue for me.
I had opened this 3D:

1 Like

I also always mix with just the faders and meters. I like the clean system, this way it makes my work easier. I ask the Steinberg team to ensure that in the next updates
put it the way it was in other versions.

2 Likes

Same here. I use all four MixConsoles and on 2 of them I just have faders and meters.
@Matthias_Quellmann would you kindly confirm that this can be adjusted on the next update Matthias?

1 Like

My big +1!!! Thank you Steinberg for fixing the mixer windows to the location where they are saved (projects created from Cubase 12 templates did not remember the position of the mixer windows and that has been fixed)

but please allow me to widen the view of the fader to the maximum!

1 Like

Cubase 12 appears to be quite cleaner in this regard. Would you mind if I provided a couple of examples for comparison purposes using the same project?
Here’s Cubase 12 with only Faders and Meter Bridge activated:

Here’s Cubase 13 with only Faders and Meter Bridge:
Not only is there unused empty space, but there’s also a sliding bar that serves no purpose. Additionally, the faders are smaller and somewhat blurry.

Here’s another C1 2 screenshot with only Faders, Meter Bridge and Channel Latency activated. On C13 I can’t get it to look so neat and tidy.

Hopefully, all of this information is helpful.

2 Likes

In the menu where you select what to see, there is a “Hardware” option checked and greyed out. Maybe that’s the problem? The mixer is reserving space for hardware to be displayed.

(I have no hardware, other than the PC…)

3 Likes

Thanks Googly! I was wondering why that’s grayed out and why I can’t check /uncheck hardware.
I’ll look into it.

2 Likes

I did some testing and it seems like that negative space was intended to contain other data. They gave it a minimum height. So if the user ends up not showing other data there, the minimum height remains.

They could approach it in a different way. For example, they could set a condition that if no other data is visible, then that region has no space. Then if at least one section of data is shown, then a minimum height is employed.

3 Likes
6 Likes

That’s fantastic news! Thanks so much Jendrik!

If that’s not to much to ask, would it possible for the team to look into the sliding bars as well? (4th screenshot from the top on this 3D). If I’m not mistaken, before the last update there wasn’t the extra space but the sliding bars were shown and if you moved them nothing happened (Mac silicon).
It’d be great to remove them from view when they’re not necessary. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for this fix!

1 Like

The vertical scrollbar will be disabled in cases where it has no effect since the faders are increased to the full height.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know!
Can’t wait for this update!

2 Likes