Cubase 13.0.40 Maintenance Update

Why do you think that?

Steinberg used to have a bug list published, do you have data that it scared off new customers causing decreased revenue?

As a current user I’d feel more respected by Steinberg if they decided to save my time troubleshooting futiley by not hiding the known bugs.

I’d think a prospective customer would feel better about that than reading in the forum how things work now.

Just my two cents.

5 Likes

Are there plans at Steinberg to make Cubase usable on Mac systems without Audiogridder? Is anyone taking us seriously? For me this bug was introduced in 12 & still there in 13.

Been using this stuff for over 20 years - I’ve never been closer to quitting this program. Can we get some kind of confirmation that it is at least being worked on - or do the devs just not care?

high cpu load creeping asio guard crashing with low track counts - its documented over & over again in the forums.

first step to resolving is acknowledging the issue. would like to know if steinberg will acknolwedge? if not peace out.

1 Like

It is in the Steinberg folder in downloads, install manually, click on installation (modify). And then you have 13.0.30.

13.0.40 works, you just need to set the mixer to PPM
and then there is no crash.

1 Like

Installed and no problems sofar. With the previous version it crashed all the time so happy with this.

C13.0.40 has improved a few thing, true, but in my case forced me to very quickly go back to C13.0.30. Any attempt to add Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 as VST makes C13.0.40 immediately explode. And I have a project with 62 instances of VEP7 and 700+ tracks. I am lucky I could go back to 13.0.30 or I would get stuck in no-work space. The reports were sent to Steinberg and VEP7 is up to date. I hope this serious bug will be corrected soon.
Witold

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by this, please?

It is really technically interesting that people get better performance by adding more work to the system with audiogridder. Is it working with low-latency too? (<10ms) On my system Cubase 13 is the best performance performing ever. But it seems like being a lottery.

2 Likes

I open C13, go to adding VSTs, klick add Rack instrument, choose VEP7 and C13 immediately crashes. That is what I mean.
Witold

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear this.

Make a new thread with this issue and attach the *.ips/dmp file(s), please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

You can metnion me, in the new thread, so I can have a look.

Upgrading to Cubase Elements 13.0.40 via the download assistant gives skin file ‘’ not found and could not load GUI resources errors. Googling shows that these errors often happen with Cubase.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I would recommend downloading the installed onceagain. If you are on Windows, please try to install Cubase as administrator.

I am using the download assistant, running that as an administrator and have tried this several times, as well as restarting Windows for good measure. When you say “install Cubase as an administrator” do you mean run the download assistant as administrator, or go through a manual installation process ignoring the download assistant?

Hi,

I mean to run manual installation. Right-click the installer and choose Run as administrator, please.

What exactly do you mean by the installer? Do you mean, for instance …Downloads\Steinberg\WIN64\Cubase LE AI Elements 13.0.40 - Application (required)\Cubase_LE_AI_Elements_13.0.40_Installer_win64.zip\Cubase LE AI Elements 13\setup.exe ?

Hi,

I mean the file, which is installed by the Steinberg Download Assistant.

There are many files installed by the download assistant, mainly in a .zip file. Please could you give me the file name?

Hi,

Yes, this is the file.

I am trying to extract the files from the zipped folder but I get "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. … Error 0x80010135: Path too long. Refering to: FCP_SMT_005_reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound…and other files. I get a similar error if I try to copy the files out of the zip.

1 Like

I have found a workaround: extract the .zip to a folder off the root so the very long Steinberg paths do not excede the 260 char Windows limit. This is a bug in the Steinberg install process that would account for why this sort of issue with Cubase comes up so much on the web. Please enter a defect in your backlog :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t think, this is Steinberg. This is Windows. I have read something similar.