Cubase 13 - "An eLicenser problem occured" from SAM

SAM error:

An eLicenser problem occured

your eLicenser initialisation is hanging - you can continue to use your Steinberg Licensing based products. If you want to use your eLicenser based products, restart your computer

I’ve had this error message twice now running C13 - blank project and sitting at the hub - Win10 with a C11 (upgraded to 13) dongle installed. Nothing of any use left on the dongle apart from the legacy/upgraded C11 license. Everything runs fine despite the message.

never seen this on c11/c12 ?

If I run C11 straight after without booting everything works fine - so the elc software HASN’T hung ?

Windows 10 user here. I’m still on Cubase Pro 12 but I’ve recently started experiencing this problem every time I launch Cubase. This is what happens.

• During initialization of Cubase, Steinberg Activation Manager opens with the following error: “An eLicenser problem occurred. Your eLicenser initialization is hanging. You can continue using your Steinberg Licensing based products. If you want to use your eLicenser based products, restart your computer.”
  • I am able to dismiss the error and close SAM.

As far as I can tell, this has no impact on the functionality of Cubase. It still works great and I don’t seem to be impacted by the error (other than the error being annoying.)

I removed the eLicenser software awhile back after I migrated all of my licenses to SAM. I don’t need or want eLicenser installed on my PC.

I’m curious as to why SAM opens every time I launch Cubase and how can I get rid of this error without reinstalling eLicenser? I don’t have my dongle anymore so eLicenser software is useless to me.

I am getting this AGAIN after buying Cubase 13 Elements. It has today for the first time stopped my drum track from playing due to said eLicense hanging. “NO LICENSE FOUND PLEASE SWITCH TO ACTIVATION MANAGER” error message. I had this issue with the 13 trial and no one here could help. It’s effing awful the security to prevent piracy makes this worse for genuine users. I am totally fed-up with this software and the support offered.