Cubase 13 is crashing when opening the MixConsole

Is there anybody there?

Is there an easier way?

Hi,

Sorry, where sis you send it?

Private message to you from this forum.

Any update?

Hi,

It looks like the plugin ABP passes an invalid parameter to ucrtbase - there is an NVIDIA recursive task listed in the threads in WinDbg, which makes sense with the first ucrt call fsetpos.

So it seems to be the plug-in issue or the graphic card driver crash.

Thank you for that.
First of all, has anyone any suggestions how to solve the graphics card issue. Drivers are the latest.

As for the plug in? ABP ( I can only think Amplesound Bass Precision Model) I will try and sway it or render it?

Other projects that crash though do not contain this ABP plugin. Would it be likely that something else is to blame and needs finding before any of the projects are changed and un recognisable (or acceptable to me?)

Any suggestions are more than appreciated.

Neil

Note.
These crashes/shut downs did not happen before C13.

Hi,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps below.
  • Disconnect the computer from the Internet to ensure Windows will not download and install its graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), and keep the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

Then it points more to the graphic card driver issue.

1 Like

Thank you for that.

I’ll have a look at this in the next few days (today if possible). And report back.

I uninstalled all the NVIDIA package.
Installed the studio driver.
Cubase ran ok with this original/crash project 4 times no problem
I loaded three more projects and they all ran ok.
I loaded the original/crash program again and C13 shut down as it was originally doing.

I loaded up the project once again and it ran ok.

Sadly no dump file created in C13.
I didn’t rum procdump so I will have to repeat all the project loading this week.

I’m really totally at a loss with all this.

I open C13. Load a project. Make sure all the vsti’s and samples are loaded.

All I do is press play and let the project run (either in mix console fully open on screen or in the project window)

Random shut down of C13.

If I can generate another dump file with procdump I will let you have it. I’ll have to compress and link it through dropbox as the file last time could not be uploaded here for some reason?

So, up to now the problem persists.

I’m running the same project over and over (only pressing play).

It’s run through 9 times. On the 10th time I had a random shut down of C13.

This same project has just run a further 5 times without interruption.

And C13 shut down. Random. Not the same place (time wise) as last time.

Is it possible there is something else going on here that is just not showing up.

It’s frustrating after a shut down that I haven’t re opened procdump to obtain a dump file.

None of this (C13 shut downs) happened in this manner before C13.

All my plugins are the same.

Superior drummer 3
BFD3
AmpleSound basses and guitars
Trilian
Omnisphere
Cubase stock plugins.
(very rarely) Kontakt

All latest and latest machine updates.

Not sure where to go from here?

Hi,

Do you have any DMP file, please?

Struggling with it.
I’m going to have another go later.

It’s frustrating because I’m not too good with software/computer stuff.

I got procdump running but must have given it the wrong order.

Sadly, when C13 shuts down, I’ve got to initiate procdump again, as command prompt reverts back to system 32 etc.

Just found this in the procdump folder. I must have missed it.

I think this is only going to give you very similar information as the first dump file I sent you.

Did you try to uninstall and then reinstall Cubase?
If that doesn’t do the trick, I would suggest you repair all installed versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages. (If you don’t know how, let us know.)

Uninstalled/re install. Not sure. I’ve re installed it twice but not un installed it.

As for the microsoft stuff = No. I’m useless with this stuff.

I have versions C11. C12. And C13 on the pc. But all my projects are now saved with C13 with various points of update.

Me, being very ill (I’m disabled), can’t take too much in.

I have noticed that. When I open the procdump file I see windows 10 mentioned. Even though My system is Windows 11.

But in saying that. I’m not 100% at reading these files. My knowledge is 0%.

Unless you wish to wait for official Steinberg support to contact you, here’s what I would try.

1. Reboot your computer.
  2. Press the Win key and type “Add or remove” then click Add or Remove Programs.
  3. Scroll down the list until you find Steinberg Cubase 13 and click it
  4. Click Uninstall and follow the instructions
  5. Once the uninstall process is complete, open a File Explorer (Win + E) and navigate to C:\Users\[MyUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg. (Replace “[MyUserName]” with your actual Windows user name.)
  6. Delete any and all folders named Cubase xx_64 where “xx” is a Cubase version number.
  7. Reboot your computer again.
  8. Press the Win key and type “control” and click Control Panel
  9. Click Programs and then Programs and Features.
  10. In the list of programs, scroll down until you find entries that begin with Microsoft Visual C++. There are likely multiple.
  11. For each of these entries, right click them and click Change. If "Change is not available on right click, move on to the next one.
  12. In the dialog that appears after you clicked Change, now click Repair.
  13. Once you have gone through all the versions of Visual C++ Redistributable, reboot your computer once again.
  14. Install Cubase 13 from the Steinberg Download Assistant.
  15. While keeping your fingers crossed, launch Cubase 13.
2 Likes

Thank you.

I’ll give that a go at some spell tomorrow.

I don’t want to dump C13. Invested too much in it over the years.

But at this stage there is simply nothing to lose.

Like wise with my plug ins. I’ve got rid of all I don’t need. But the ones I have are irreplaceable to me as a writer.

EDIT
Is it ok to rename my vst folders so Cubase doesn’t scan them.

I only have one vst 2 plug in I use in Cubase and it works as good as new.

Other vst2 plug ins I have I only use with Ableton or Reason.

But Cubase constantly scans them. I’ve moved these folders from vst manager but thyey are re scanned on opening Cubase.

Not sure if these will help. I’m still not 100% as to which reply tab I should be using. They seem to have a mind of their own. (possibly my fault. Definitely my fault)

I’ve now just run the project, after these three shut downs and the project has just run perfectly.

No reasoning what so ever?

Hi Team,
Any idea ?

1 Like

Hi,

The only idea is to update to the latest version.

I’m sorry, without the latest version, we cannot do anytihng.