Cubase 6.0.0 issue - Save Template not working

can not save templates either here, C6 on a mac

I have the same bug with my Mac Pro 2008 … can’t save any template

E.T.A. on a Fix ???

Hello

OK, I’m having the same problem on Mac, and can not find this file to be altered -->“Defaults.xml” in the Cubase 6 Application Data Folder? Is this Windows only?

Thanks for all tips!

Mnoizz

Hmmm, the first thing I did after loading my upgrade was to build a new template. Worked fine here. Trashing preferences from a previous version has been a traditional fix for lots of issues for a long time now. Glad to hear that some of you are up and running again.

+1
{‘-’}

As it seems to upset some people that I called this a “bug” … and also because it keeps getting bumped back onto page one, and finally because EdDoll has already said it will be fixed, I have renamed the original thread title.

I may be wrong and I wish I was But if you trash you preference you gonna have to reset all your imput and output and so on !!! there most be a easyer way … Don’t wanna use the word BUG but it does feel like it

Deleting (or rather renaming to be safe) the preferences folders did the trick for me too. Save tamplate now works fine.

Thanks, Tony B!!! Save Template now works!!! :smiley:

OOPS! Sorry! THANKS Bob Clausen!!! I can save templates now!!! :unamused: :smiley:

So… the instructions how to work around this issue are only for PC (above).

I have no idea where the template presets are on the Mac. I’ve had a good poke around and can’t find them anywhere.

Anyone know the file path?

You know, I was such a zealot convert after I switched to a Mac, but at times like this you release it can be almost as bad as using a PC. Like when you can’t find things…

OSX(Master HD)/Users/(User Name)/LIbrary/Preference

Good Luck

… Just seen this thread…
All fine here… just used a template with a BFD2 set up included on four tracks in a row and it worked beautifully every time!

A couple quick Mac notes for the computer-challenged:
-directory is users/(name)/library/preferences/Cubase 6
-open Defaults.xml using textedit
-do a Find for “template” to quickly locate the line of code, change the 5 to a 6, save, launch Cubase

I tried to make the change with Cubase open and then restart–no good, the file reverts to the previous version upon program exit. Make sure Cubase is closed while editing the file. Like I said, computer-challenged.

but now it works.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I just stumbled across this issue myself and was able to get around it in only a few minutes using the tricks shared here. :slight_smile:

Sadly, nothing of the above mentioned tricks works for me :frowning:
I’ve edited the Default.xml, no luck.
I then trashed the Preferences folders of both Cubase 6 and Cubase 5, to no avail. I’m still not able to save any template. I’ve noticed that there are no categories in the Save Template Browser, is that already a mark of the issue?
Funny enough, on startup, Cubase presents me with the templates stored, so at that time it seems to know the correct path. Bizarre. So why did the workarounds work for all of you and not for me?