Cubase 6.0.1 / Cubase Artist 6.0.1 pre-release available

Axel Sandig from Steinberg has been very helpful and informative.

He posted this on my post today “This issue was fixed just recently so that’s why it is not part of our pre-release. We are still looking for probable side effects. You have to wait for the official update I’m afraid.
Cheers, Axel”

I am happy with that…

If its not fixed in the official release though I tell you all hell will break loose!

Greg

That’s too bad really. Although I’m not happy with a few of the design choices, I absolutely believe everyone should have fun at work. So, keep a sense of humor Helge! We need you guys to listen to all the whining (especially when it is important whining), without taking the fun out of your work day.

I’ve appreciated the participation by Steiny recently. Even if we don’t agree sometimes.

I must personally say I am quite chuffed with this release from Steinberg. Not only was it released in a timely fashion, they are allowing us to try it out before the official release which is still some 9 weeks away. The fact that they also incorporated so much demanded fixes and enhancements shows that Steinberg is definitely making a 180 degree change from what they have been known for in the past. We have all griped about the super long delays in update releases and here we have one only 2 months after the initial release of the program. I am very pleased with this and so should everyone else otherwise they simply will not do such things in the future.

I very much like the update and what it includes. Some very important bug fixes as well as some nice changes. Though I do agree it would be nice to have an option to have transparent events fully on and active at all times, what they have incorporated with the drag and drop method is still quite useful and better than nothing. It is very easy on the eyes and works well so thank you Steinberg!

I LOVE the idea of the colour coded fader caps, again, this is Steinberg listening to user requests and actually implementing such features, something that never happened in the past much. My only complaints are the following and they are purely cosmetic. I would LOVE to have the master out/Control Room out fader RED! As well, the green cap for instrument tracks has a transparency issue. It is green, but see through!

Keep up the great work, I hope for more such releases like this in the near future.

+1
A sense of humour at work is essential and appreciated here.

Also very encouraging to see Steinie folk so active and positive in the forum. This can only lead to improvements in software, userbase satisfaction and dedication.

6.0.1 ok here so far.

P

roflmao :smiley:

Thanks for the interim fixes Steinberg, the whole v6.0 upgrade / feedback experience has been great for me.

Keep shakin’ out them damn bugz!

Thank you SB. We would love to see more of these tighter feedback cycles. An all around win win. Thank you.

I also welcome this “fix as much as we can ASAP” pre-release approach when anybody can decide whether to go this way or wait for official patch later, especially because it fixes 48 kHz issue which caused me a lot of trouble.
Thank you Steinberg.

It wasn’t so much a change in attitude, as a change in environment.

Imagine having to spend hours each and every day not responding to user concerns but instead needing to verify authenticity of the user first.

Thanks Steinberg. Keep up the good work. Some people are impossible to please, but I’m sure most users appreciate Steinberg’s seemingly renewed efforts pertaining to Cubase these days.

+1

Autorun just quits without saying anything (Win7 Home Premium)

Excellent and quick update. No apparent problems with it…

loving the transparent green fader cap too :laughing:

+1 !

I’m glad with the update.
The bug: Program Names not showing up in Inspector, is fixed.
What’s still not fixed, is the bug of reversed panning with mousewheel on audio compared to midi (Windows).
Or is this still not recognized as a bug ?

Steinberg I’d like to say thanks and your communication and willingness to listen to customers more it’s a very positive and welcome change.

Concerning the fader cap colors.it’s a step in the right direction but Is the a reason why they couldn’t adopt the channel colors? I set up instruments by colors and this would be a great way to visually see where I need to go on the mixer.

The colors of the audio and group channels need more contrast. Aka They’re too close in color to easily visually pick out

Oh and the problem of opening a folder track and it jumping to another open folder track is driving me bonkers.

LOL, that’s been a “feature” for years. It’s not mouse panning that is backwards though. It is the actual pan automation data itself that is reversed. If you pop open the pan lane for MIDI and audio, you will see that the curves go in opposite directions.

Going from memory, I believe the explanation is that 1 = full left and 128 = full right. All MIDI lanes show zero at the bottom, so pan is displayed like all other MIDI lanes.

Those with better memories…do I have that correct? I know it’s been this way forever.

+1

I have come across a slight problem in the update that was not present in the initial release. I think it may have to do with the changes made for the transparent events, but now when I zoom in and out with the mouse while holding control it is very choppy and irregular, lots of time the waveform completely disappears and then comes back, only sections of the waveform appear etc. This was never an issue in the past and scrolling and zooming on the waveform was seamless and very smooth. Unfortunately this is not the case anymore. Anyone else noticing this?

I also agree on the contrast on the fader cap colours needing adjustment. The group and audio channels are far too similar.

+1

Also the mixer slider color looks terrible. Instead of making the mixer look childish, SB could have given the actual channels a subtle overlay color. But whatever. As long as SB’s GUI designers final goal is not to make cubase look like ableton live, I’m good.

I take it this is the official steinberg forum ?
I take it you work at steinberg ?
I take it that you actually get payed by steinberg to post on this forum ?
well that is different from the rest of us (around 99%) that actually have payed to post on this forum, and your “fun” ideas were not really getting thru properly, as I for one was offended by your little “joke” here. I can take a good joke when its viable, but that part of your post was just not funny. not funny at all. and to be truthful, somehow I cant really imagine you laughing when you made that post either. I mean, you wouldnt like the customers to know that you are making fun about your product and the problems it gives the paying customers, now would you ?

and yes, the patchnotes for the 601 says that 48khz problem is fixed, but I dont dare to trust you on this since I cant tell if you are serious or making a lame joke.
furthermore since the patch is not supported by steinberg, how can I trust it to actually work? speaking of supported version, that leads to another interesting discussion…
“unsupported” versions of cubase… yeah well, there are tons of that stuff out there, you know…

this 601 patch is an official release from steinberg, posted here among the paying customers and yet you say its not supported. that actually means that the 601 patch is not really to be trusted, since you dont know if its working or not.
so until there is an official patch that is supported by steinberg, the problem of 48khz in cubase 6 is still here !
dont try to say anything else, as the 601 pre release is really just another beta…

just to make a point: when steinberg release a patch for a product in this forum, its official and you should support it. otherwise dont even bother…
you also asked for feedback on the 601 patch, something that is the work for the beta testing, not end users !

on a sidenote I got a warning from my post, issued by Chris B (that also earns money from posting here). so now that you have realized your mistake and done the best you could to apologize, also remove that warning as it was a reaction to your wrongdoing. this is the least you can do for me at this time.
just out of interest, how many of steinberg staff have actually got a warning for making a post in this forum ? yeah, I guess that never happened…

p.s.
if you dont like to see me blasting about the cubase 6 beta problems on these here forums, here is what you should do:
give me a free upgrade to a nuendo license…
(now, that is how you make a joke :wink: )

+1

we had a thread in the old Cubase5 forum were i placed 3 graphic examples of colored channels. There were a mass of members who supported this. And now there was one or two members who wrote a lot about colored fader caps that have been ever only a half solution for me. I like the Protools 9 Interface very much and how you are able to color the channels. That would be a real improvement/“eye helper” for the digital mixer displayed on a monitor. The fader caps ar just a new tiny colored caps flying around in the visual field without a fixed position structure… that doesn´t help much. It is not as in the analog world were a real Mixer with colored fader does make sense. Viewing and working with monitors is a different thing. Big and colored Fields and clear structures does make sense there… Protools9 got it on the point for the view thing. Why listen to two peoples on the german forum if there have been about >20 other who discussed the colored faders extensive and find the solution coloring the whole channel as you want. Anyhow why not make both possible, coloring channel bgs and caps as you want… bye