Cubase 6 / Artist 6 / Elements 6: 6.0.4 pre-rel UD available

(haven’t they dropped the “Evo” from the name of AutoTune 7?.. I keep getting tempted to upgrade, but I already have VariAudio in Cubase, and Melodyne Editor… I suppose it will eventually happen when I can’t think what else to do with €90 :stuck_out_tongue: )

Ok.

I didn’t pull the trigger too…

Hello all,
I’ve only been able to get updates to work since version 6 was released by right clicking the file, then selecting “troubleshoot compatibility”. Windows 7 uses WinXP (sp2) compatibility to instantiate the file and everything works properly. I think the problem is with the elicenser software. I can’t believe this is still a problem.

Hope this helps,

Is the video engine issue from 6.0.3 fixed in the pre-rel? (video window wont open? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums)

Still crashing on exit every single time. :frowning:

Cubase 6.04 is the best DAW experience I’ve had so far. Let’s just try and forget 6.03 shall we?

Really solid on Windows Luddite and a pleasure to use professionally everyday.

There’s always room for improvement I know, I started with Pro24 about 100 years ago, but it’s damn good in many areas now.

P.

Try temporarily removing your plugins and “thrashing prefs”: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12751&p=86150#p86014

Again, still crashing on every exit. Log follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cubase6.exe
Application Version: 6.0.4.346
Application Timestamp: 4e4aa6be
Fault Module Name: Cubase6.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.0.4.346
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4aa6be
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000fc8775
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b819
Additional Information 2: b8199c60214f799f2547f12ae6aa80fa
Additional Information 3: 91a0
Additional Information 4: 91a04cddeb559785a589764db95df704

On Windows, look in “My Documents” under Steingberg\CrashDumps and you should find a text file called “Cubase6.LOG”. You can fill out a support request form on My Steinberg and send them that text file as an attachment.

It will be possible make a better score editor? When I compose in most situations I prefer make it from the score editor. Now is a few complicated introduce the notes… I know you are available.

Thanks for the cubase version…

Is inserts tab off of the inspector. I had to go to mixer and expand and then hit see all inserts to get to my VSTs. Is this correct? I am in Artist 6

I installed Elements 6: 6.0.4 update, and cannot work with video anymore. I had to go back to version 6.0.3 to be able to use video on my Cubase Elements 6.

I’ve been a cubase user for years now, started using it on an Atari computer, and worked my way up to version 6.0.4. When an update is posted I cant wait to get it downloaded and implemented asap but a good friend of mine decided to stop all that and stick with cubase 4, as he is very happy with that version. I just wondered, are there many more people out there who “stick” with a particular version of cubase, or are most users like me and update to the latest version / latest update every time … ?

It’s good to be able to move with new developments but my approach is to stick with a working scenario and keep “cutting edge” versions on a different computer/partition, then, only when I’m satisfied that there’s an advantage to upgrading AND I’m not in the middle of a piece of work will I apply the upgrade.

It makes no sense to upgrade to a pre-release version of any software unless you’re quite happy to lose everything and you’re just doing it out of curiosity.

My EQ graph is still upside down.

1. Load an audio track
  2. Click to view the EQ graph.

Just wanted to chime in here and say how happy I am that you all are doing these pre-release hotfixes now. This is really great! I’m still using 6.0.3, as none of the fixes in this case are issues that really affect me much, but it’s GREAT to see that you all are taking seriously the need for some of us to get back to work when something, like timestretch issues @ 96kHz affect us greatly in my case a while back, affect us greatly.

Kudos, props, big thumbs up! You are acting like you really care about us, your loyal user base, and that fills me with a warm, fuzzy feelings of goodwill. Please keep doing this! As long as it is clearly marked as pre-release, hotfix, what have you, nobody should have a right to complain too much if it happens to break other things while addressing certain other issues.

I think testing these releases on more diverse systems, especially PCs that you build yourselves out of popular parts readily available on sites such as Newegg, should help a lot in getting to the bottom of certain anomalous behavior that only say, affects a certain series of motherboards. I understand this might be asking a lot, but think of it like this: if at least a few testers around the office are using different kinds of PCs, you might be better able to catch things that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Cheers from Seattle guys… smashing work. :slight_smile:

6.05 already closer ? Will we see it still this year ?

so when i select download for 6.04 on osx lion, does the update apply itself to the version of cubase i have, or is there something else i have to do.?

-Im getting my mac tomorrow. installing cubase elements. then want to directly download the 6.04 update.
is that plausible/going to work?

Hello,

be sure that you download and install the Cubase Lements 6 update http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_elements_6.html

Cheers,

Chris

I’m having trouble installing the update on my Elements. When I open it, it says that it cannot find Cubase Elements 6. Any ideas?