Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Cubase 7.0.2 64Bit update installation failed.
Fatal error during installation.
Error Code: 1603

update 32 bit update installed fine but won’t open: “Cubase 7 has stopped working”

Is there any chance of Steinberg ever releasing an update that doesn’t break everything?

I’m on windows 7 64 bit. updating from 7.01 preview.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this mess?

gonna try a fresh install, I guess my original files are missing too… why an update would need to do that is beyond me

I’m getting error 1603 on uninstall as well… so I can’t even remove Cubase 64 bit, this is a farce.

got it to uninstall by using the Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed - Microsoft Support fix it… after reinstall 64 is getting VSTBridge errors, 32 bit still won’t open.

Edit: and it still won’t open even after removing my VST, app data and VST3 folders.

Edit: can’t install update 7.02 error 1603: viola completely corrupted 32 bit and 64 bit installations, that’s awesome huh.

again Windows 7 x64 Core i7 920, 2 sound cards Echo Audiofire 8 and EMU 1820M

Since instaling the update i have a serious issue .:
the mixer will no longer show knobs on the eq ,pre and chan strip ??? what the hell is this can anyone help ???
also the whole gui looks a bit pale …

i love all these posts with no system spec … SIMPLE no spec no help !!!

i have tryed to put my specs and an avatar but it wont post them so i gave up …

Just installed 7.0.2, and so far it’s running quite well.

I wouldn’t trust any feedback on this forum yet about 7.0.2, though… even mine. :slight_smile: It’s too early. People are still downloading, installing, testing, etc. And the ones with trouble are more likely to post first… skewing any results. So I’d hardly call what’s been posted so far as “evidence.”

Give it some time, check back in the forum. There’s no RUSH to update to the 7.0.2. If you are in the midst of a big project with deadlines, it’s risky to update of course.

If you DO decide to update, make sure to do the smart thing and backup up your system! Common sense, right? But a lot of people just steam ahead.

In my case, I did a full boot drive image before installing, and so far so good. I’ve briefly tested about 5 projects so far, including with video files, and all have opened, played and performed just fine. No glitches or obvious problems at all… but I have not drilled down deep into the projects yet. Again, too early to tell.

Everything running fine here so far. I will do more tests later.

Exactly. Channel far right (Output channel) still strange behavior. Now its litle hiding by Control Room !
Helge. We need hot fix.

it appears to me that if your cubase install is clean, then the update will install fine, but something seems to happen to the installation whilst using it that corrupts it… I don’t know whether it’s a setting or a plugin or what but it happened with 6.5 too and caused your VST sounds to not be found by Padshop etc. loads of people have commented about this, I don’t think anyone has a definitive answer. It wound help if the updates actually repaired installations but they obviously don’t seem to be able to do that properly. It is especially annoying because a full uninstall doesn’t get rid of the problem, it must be a reg entry or something like that.

Here, quick and efficient installation (win7 full). It seems 100% successful. I do not mean disappointment for insufficient corrections already identified elsewhere. But the installation was successful. Preferences are now saved in my case quickly and everything is clearly visible.

any track type set to right “Zone” will partly hide behind CR/meter.
repro. set a track to right zone in mixconsole. make CR/meter visible in mixconsole .
now minimize CR/meter window (resize it all the way to the Right) .
result : fader partly hidden

workaround: resize CR/meter slightly to the Left

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED !!!
this is how i did it .
i found the roll back buttom…its a wiered one but i found it … you right click on the cubase icon in windows explorer (sorry mac users i have no idea what to do on ios ).and then click on previous versions… bingo in zero comer zero its back to c7.1…
then i used the "install core data from the hub (downloaded for the next time ).which sent me back to c7.0 (i should have started here i think theat would have saved me a few mor mins )
then i reinstalled the 7.02 from 7.0 …works good … i have all my knobs back and blue send bars etc etc…

so maybe MY issue was that my daw did not like the update from 7.1 to 7.2 but exepted it from 7.0…
who knows maybe there is some kind of geek answer to this … i dont care … all i know it worked and thats all that counts eh !!!
hope this will help some of you guys with the same prob …
if you cant understand me then pls PM me and we can try together …
cheers guys … and thanks for the input thus far !
:slight_smile:
“T”

yeah, I second this = I do not know how many times I have tried to update and change my sig, it says that my changes are saved, but they are never reflected in any posts.
it will just not reflect my last saved sig, and just always shows this old sig below

You might want to contact Steinberg support.

Why not just post them here and keep a reference?

There was similar “negative evidence” when 7.01 came out too, and 7.01 was not a maintenance update.

I hate to say this but I may be going back to 7.00 The mixing board is a mess. At least I could save the mixer settings. I have never had a Cubase crash till after the 7.02 update now the first time I tried starting a new project Cubase crashed. And trying to get the mixing board to even come close to looking like a mixing board takes 10 minutes… Getting very tired of waiting for disapointing updates.

I updated my signature today (it is showing 7.0.2 as you can see). No issues here. Maybe you have some browser problems, like cookies or something like that (but I am just guessing).