Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Ive got that

Update failed - error code 1603. 7.0 was fine, as was 7.0.1

Quickly checked ‘solutions’ and they are not solutions, simply reinstall. I don’t have time to reinstall every god damn update. Sort it out.

Hey can you explain how you solved it? I’m having the same error and didn’t get your solution

Not here…7.0.2 work ok

By the way. I do like how all the green color for the channel inserts are gone. Man was that a bad design in the first place.

Hi

Had the same message yesterday as well.
Mentioned, that in the window with the elicenser installation, I had to click the “installation” button twice to run this part of the installation. Then, afterwards, the message 1603 came.

Solution
J U S T W A I T :wink:

I made a re-start of the PC and started the installation file.
Afterwards I entered into the a.m. window, clicked ONCE and waited for about 15 seconds.
Then the installation of the elicenser started and finished without a message.
All the rest of the installation was without problems.

I’m running now Cubase 7.02 without problems… but still many unfixed issues;)

Cheers

Hi,

I just want to share that the auto color function doesn’t work in version 7.0 and 7.2 as well. When I create a new track it’s always in grey color, but I want when I create new tracks they would be colorized automatically as it was in version 6.5. Please someone to help me with advise how to do it…maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thank you,

Rossko

Yup, here goes:

.My original install was from a complete download (the big, “offline” one)
.I had unpacked (unRARed) the install files and then installed 7.0
…and then deleted the unpakced ones
…which led to the 1603 during the 7.02 install
.The solution was to re-unpack the 7.0 download to the same location previously used
.(and, I also unpacked the 7.02 installer, I don’t know if that made a difference or not)

I guess that if you’ve installed 7.0 using another method, you’ll have to retrace your steps.

Good luck,
j,

A.m. Window?

A new graphic bug under osx and C7 7.0.2 in 32bit mode i’ve a lot of space on right side of mixer and I cant constrict or resize, even in use Zones or not, still there 4 faders space unuseful… Thanks again Stainberg.

I cant use under 64bit mode without crash

PS this is not a Configuration bug dude…

Update failed - error code 1603 !!

Update failed - error code 1603

I tried to clean all installations of framework but nothing!
the setup of framework 3.5 will not start

Hi all,

please keep this thread as friendly and serious as you can.

Regarding the vmx save / load of volume as well as autotrack coloring: unfortunately both function are still flawed, but already fixed internally by now. Both issues will be resolved in the next Update among others like the Mackie Control issue.

All the best,
Helge

Hi! I’m on Mac OS X 10.8.2 and part of the failures and commented on or not working the sampling frequency change automatically, C7 never did run this on my FireFace800 while C6 and 6.5 do perfectly.

When will solve this problem? :confused:

Thank you.

Excuse me Helge, if you’re going to moderate this forum by cleaning up posts could you at least comment on the error 1603 that so many people seem to be having? this corrupted my installations. I have serious reservations about the notion that this is a system fault. I don’t actually write music for a living, I write software, and in my professional opinion this is related to the installer and the fact that it is so destructive demands attention from Steinberg, this needs to be addressed. This is an error that prevents installation, uninstall and rollback, kinda serious… and people are calling this ‘crying’ and/or ‘whining’ which is ridiculous, those posts need to be removed.

Hello to all, just installed 7.02 and immediately got disk overload when moving cursor in the project.
No problem at all with 7.01, tested on the same projects. Tryed to move files on different disks but it’s the same.
Please does anyone know how to uninstall only the 7.02 update? In win 7 control panel I can’t see the update field but only the entire Cubase installation (I don’t want to uninstal ad reinstall the entire program).

Many thanks for the help.

Hi

Yes, the window, which is poped-up after clicking the 7.02 installation file and running thru the “preparation window”.

Cheers

Hi

I can tell you, what is written with the Error code 1603 - another installation is already running…

My solution was

• Re-start PC
  • made all the needed clicks upto the install window of the elicenser
  • click ONCE in the install button AND
  • WAITED about 15 seconds

The rest of the installation was as expected.

CB 7.02 is now running without further problems.

Cheers

Me too. I was working on a 62 channel project. The master fader dissapeard - and there was no way to get to it either. I’m using a dual screen setup. However - I also experienced this on the first install of C7, and on this project especially. Smaller projects represent no problem. Hiding the audio channels brought back the master fader. But bringing them back made the master channel dissapear out of sight again. Along with the group I placed next to it. On Mixer 2 everything was nice and dandy though. But we do like using F3 to get the mixer up don’t we? After doing a lot of changes to the views… not really knowing what I actually did, the master channel reappeard. I was quick to save the project. On reload it showed up just fine.

What I suspect is that Cubase isn’t very good at calling up projects between it’s updates.

So far that’s the only negative thing I’ve experienced so far. Other stuff may surface later. I do not want to test every little aspect of the sequencer every time I install an update. I only want to work with my music.

Reinstalled 7.0 then added the update worked.