Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Just ran some quick testing…
Opening previous projects, VST’s Changing mix console settings pretty much all the little things that were bugged in previous release seem to be working but time will tell…

Now afa the Display preferences? Still a major fail. Removed the color sliders also, When adding a track to a folder the color scheme still doesn’t get applied…

Unreal!!!
It’s 2013 and we’re still dealing with customization issues…

Well, because of mackie control problems (hidden channels showing up, actually confirmed on ALL controllers), .vmx without volume, workspaces not working as they should and, most importantly for me, Variaudio not working properly, I might be on 6.5 until 2014. Until I can ACTUALLY use 7(.02) I haven’t even tried it much, I need to be able to work.
No whining, just huge disappointment…
Lucky for me I still really like 6.5

People should be able to vent the issues they have with Cubase 7, but of course in a normal way.
I understand the frustration of some people, when you buy something you want it to work of course, that’s normal.
But it’s better to contact the support theme, and explain the problem then to start ranting :confused:

I updated to Cubase 7 and for me it’s working without crashes, but the performance is not up to par with
Cubase 6.5 if you ask me.
I’m back to 6.5 for now, and will wait for Steinberg to fix the overall performance and stability of Cubase 7.

And trust me there working on it :smiley:

Justus

Well, I hope you get you problems solved, but I hope you understand that you will get more assistance with your problems when you come across a little nicer and not unfairly insult software that professionals, like myself, use everyday without problems.

[/quote]
Why would they even bother releasing Cubase 7 when they knew the performance was not up to bar compared to 6.5?
If they want money from us, they should give us upgrades, NOT DOWNGRADES!!! :imp:[/quote]

I’m not happy too believe me, but this are the cards for now i guess.
Send or post the problems you’re having with cubase 7 and wait…

At least 6.5 is working oke :smiley:

Maybe the whiners should go back to analog tape so they’d appreciate what Cubase has more.

If you aren’t with it enought to realize this isn’t the place to post issues, you probably aren’t with it enough to set up a DAW properly. :wink:

Like I said, this is all operator error. :exclamation:

This is my last post I promise…

sorry if someone feels offended by my words…

Under OSX even 10.7.5 or 10.8.2 we have a lot of problems with C7. That’s the true. Most of these problems are with CPU performance, 64bit version and plugin compatibility, ram usage, and Vst external connections. There are also other problems with graphics, vmx save, colors and etc with both systems OSX or Windows. This not means about DAW configurations or what plugs we use, because these problems was not, and i repeat just to be very clear WAS NOT under 6.5.4. We dont want back to tape of course, we will still use 6.5 versions. The point it’s another, we are only tired to be beta testers osx or windows users. Steinberg should be more serious with registered users. Say sorry for that problems, but they don’t. This is not the right way to proceed.

So basically you are saying that you can´t open the previous 6.5.4 projects in C7… right. Please tell me you are joking?

Not offended, just trying to show there are proper ways to test issues. Opening projects between versions and not performing basic housekeeping tasks when installing new versions/ updates is not the proper way to go about it. It’s been covered more times than I can count.

Also, can someone remember a version where all issues were fixed? Been around since SE1 and every version since left things broken. Better get used to it.

What are these “housekeeping tasks” you talk about? I´m not on PC.

When I open the same project on 6.5.4 and 7.0.2 the CPU shouldn´t jump 20%, the performance shouldn´t lag. The MixConsole should not lag so bad it´s unusable! And there shouldn´t be new bugs!

You can, but with so many changes, why would you expect it to work correctly? Just look at windows handling with MixConsole. Add to that, trying to open 6.5 in 7 and then back to 6.5 is bound to cause issues.

There’s a prescribed way to install new versions/updates on top of old versions which noone’s said if they followed. Just a bunch of screaming and toys ejected from prams in the wrong thread.

Been covered with every version since I can remember. IIRC, there’s a KB article on it also.

Again I´m not on PC.

My previous 6.5 installation doesn´t affect the C7 installation.

I don´t need to do a clean install everytime I update Cubase.

Hello all,
I read a little in the announcement thread about an error marked “1603” and had it happen on my computer as well.
since my 7.0.1 update was installed via a flash drive (I don’t connect my production computer to the internet), it was a “temporary” file, and therefore i do not have access to it, and THEREFORE cannot bypass said error using the methods explained in said thread.

ANOTHER thing i read on the same thread includes uninstalling C7 completely and reinstalling using the update (or downloading the origional c7 installer, don’t know, haven’t got there yet) so I tried that…and bottom line -

Cubase 7 won’t uninstall…

it starts removing the program, and just as it’s about to finish, I get the message:

"A network string occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\Cubase7.msi

Help will be appreciated :confused:

The 7.0.2 update solved our most urgent concern with C7 - the poor ASIO Performance compared to 6.5.3. Thank you. 7.0.2 performs adequate or even slightly better now with our super-loaded low-latency live systems.

Another improvement is a change in the EUCON Adapter. The Cubase mixer view used to change every time I used the Knob Set Selectors on my Avid McMix Consoles. This was very annoying. Now the Cubase mixer view doesn’t Change anymore when I use Knob Set Selectors of the consoles.

I am very pleased, thank you.

please help…at least explain wtf a network string is!?

ne’ermind about that, found the file and still have the 1603 problem.

I’ve a big problems opening 6.5.3. songs with cubase 7.0.2. Also a lot of crash under osx 10.7.5. Performance CPU it’s terrible if you use 3rd part plug in like Spectrasonics and Native Instruments. Looks a little better in 32bit mode, but still unstable. Im back to 6.5.4, at the moment Cubase 7 does not work like expected under osx in 64bit mode. I dont report these problems with 6.5.4 under 64bit mode or 32bit mode. Cubase 7 under 64bit mode have also other problems with graphics update. Long time to load songs. I’ve to trash this update and downgrade to 6.5.4. Thanks steinberg… maybe you have to choose name in Steinback.
:smiley:

Cubase 7.0.2 is solid for me now.
Somethings still missing, but can live with that and wait for them.
This is a brand new Cubase, only a few months older, so don’t go around crying.
I have my onw studio for almost 17 years now, been with Steinberg products for the last 10, and always had a few issues, but nothing that could stop me from working.
For this Cubase 7 installation i’ve reinstalled Win 7 64 bit, all hardware drivers for my MOTU system (2408 MK3 + 2x Fostex ADDA interfaces= 24 I/O), installed only VST 3 and VST 2.4 plug-ins compatible, the most recent CMC drivers, graphic drivers, and i’ve updated the motherboard BIOS. With that everything is runnig.

Hope every one can as fun making good music with Cubase 7. I know i will :slight_smile: