Cubase 7.0.4 / Cubase Artist 7.0.4 announcement

Finally. I’ve been waiting years for this. \0/

Great
Thanks!!!1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Explain for a 4 year old what import karaoke lyrics as text means.

Seems rather obvious to me. Import a MIDI karaoke file and convert the lyric metadata to text in the score editor.

Very useful if you produce this kind of work. I don’t understand the laughs up there.

Great update! Looks like i am falling in love with Steiny again! :smiley:

Cubase 7.03 is still absolutely unusable and everytime i install a new update for cubase 7 my 6.53 cubase version loses it’s settings so i’m not even going to try this crap.

Good work steinberg ! :wink:
bug fixes and workflow improvements are very welcome :sunglasses:

Thanks for the effort, Steinberg!

The save time of the preferences and closing time of the application have been improved.

mmm… wandering if its applies to device setup window too… just was thinking about asking a solution for this with my system.

having issues on closing times when close preferencrs and device setup windows, takes like 8 sec to close

+1

Updates and bug fixes are always welcome and seems to address some serious issues though the priority of some decision making is questionable.

Why does the import of karaoke track lyrics take precedence over fixing the hugely frustrating and time wasting quadruple clicking to get a VST windows back on top of the mix console and presenting the same as an elegant UI rather than the hideous Microsoft spreadsheet in black look that it currently has.

The next thing you know Yamaha wi’ll be serving up a raft of GM Karaoke " greatest hit expansion tracks" (complete with lyrics of course) from the download store!

There were high hopes when the merger between Yamaha and Steinberg were announced though they seem to have lost direction and started to stray down to the mass consumer market with Cubase whilst forcing Nuendo and it’s much vaulted Nuage controller way out of financial reach of serious users.

The introduction of the iPad interface was welcomed, though even that displays a completely different mixer UI which only goes to show that Cubase has developed a serious identy crisis since the loss of it’s well established and extremely well thought out iconic mixer, even though it was a bit long in the tooth.

The impatience and pressure of Yamaha to get products to market before reaching candidate release stage is only made more obvious by the recent premature release of Wavelab 8 which was followed up by a substantial list of fixes in the 8.01 update the day after the physical product was released.

Such a shame from such an well established, innovative and respected DAW purveyor such as Steinberg.

As long as 7.04 doesn’t break more than it fixes again, it will be a welcome step forward, lets hope it’s not just another rush to fix market that makes the use of 6.5 and a secondary DAW so productable and predictable.

Because things work in parallel and most probably the guy(s) in charge of maintaining the mix console is not the same who did the lyrics import function. And also because there’s a chance that the lyrics import has been requested by other people that find it necessary in a top class MIDI sequencer.

You don’t have to click 4 times anywhere to bring back any window to top, just use the “window” menu item for that. You can also leave some screen space uncovered by the mixer and leave at least a small corner of your plugins visible at all times, so you can click them back to front easily.

have some laughs down here then :astonished: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aloha b,

I read in another post that because this does not happen on a Mac,
this is a PC/Windows prob, not a Cubase prob.

At least that’s the way the thread can be interpreted.
Check it out. See what you think:

{‘-’}

That´s the way it is :slight_smile:

Best,
Helge

Maybe a quick search through the feature requests will show how much demand there is to import karaoke lyrics into Cubase as compared to a fluid work flow on the MC !

Whets the point of having a full screen mixer on a second monitor if you have to resize it to be able to see where the plugins are hidden underneath?(Even if the resize worked nearly half as good whilst keeping it’s visual integrity as it is on Studio One 2)

Read the forums and feature requests. How many budding Karaoke track makers do you find in there as compared to serious and no doubt innovative musicians working hard on movie soundtracks, dance, pop etc etc who are getting frustrated with the shortcoming of the MC?

We’re all aware that differing groups are responsible for different areas of the program, it’s a blessing they’re not a band on stage, the lack of rehearsal is mind boggling! Imagine them as a band on a major festival stage, what would a ticket paying audience think if one of them just stopped halfway through a song, or started playing at the wrong time, in the wrong key ! They certainly wouldn’t be on that stage for long that’s for sure.

Good and well rehearsed sets are what’s wanted. That’s the way it should be, being told “That’s the way it is” by Helge when served up with product(s) that have so many problems is an insult to the many people who invest money to purchase and use it and keep them in a job.

Lets hope that 7.04 get’s us a bit nearer to where it should have been for such an innovative update when it was released.

In the meantime, i’ll use a freebie wave editor if i have an unending urge to remove vocals from a commercial release to forge a career as a karaoke king ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Very curious to see how this performs. Still lots of graphics sluggishness when scrolling/zooming dense MixConsole/Editors in general and it’s a major drag. (Pun intended?)

Thank You!!! I am so happy I switched to Cubase.

I honestly dont see why some people are focusing on this karaoke thing… it was probably a 5 minute task to add it.

Congratulations on this release. With nearly 60 favorable posts in 24 hours, God forbid someone’s system hiccups…you’ll never hear the end of it. But then , seems like that some days anyhow.

Looking forward to great things as usual…thanks