Cubase 7.0.4 / Cubase Artist 7.0.4 Update available

Yes, open a project or template, add or remove a midi track and the status bar appears but only with some projects.

Just installed the update. Seems to work fine, opened a big project and could’nt find any issues.

Very nice update (mixer zooming scales the knobs now for instance), thank you Steinberg.

All good here… No issues so far…

There’s no .msi in the installation package!..
My setup log:
setupLog.txt (3.5 KB)

so ! I try to redownload it 4 or 6 time with the same error each time when I try to install !!! this is the first time that a update from Steinberg do this ! don’t know what to do ! even try to extract the installer & clic on the Cubase 7 x64 installer bur same thing ! error !
need help thanks

You can now change the Default Color’s color! Yes!! Thank you.

Graphics do feel more responsive when working at a high grid density in the Key Editor. MixConsole zooming & scrolling on a dense mixer is still sluggish.

Well done Steinberg team. Lots of great improvements. More to go I’m sure but we’re getting there!

Mixer “channel overview” strip still bugged.
Mixer still sluggish to navigate with more than 50 tracks.
Still takes 2 double-clicks to bring a mixer insert to fore.

ASIO Guard still a seemingly useless CPU hog.

Cursor still surrounded in annoying white outline.
Workspace color scheme still less customizable than 7.0.0.

Besides some new aesthetics for the mixer, the only new thing for me in this update is that Cubase is now ignoring MIDI from my padKontrol. While I’m happy to see that what was promised for this update is mostly fixed, some big issues still remain and the updates seem to unintentionally break more than they fix.

Hi,

I would like to know if I’m the only one to have this major problem with 7.0.4: Steinberg Forums .

Thanks,

François

Just tested it : with Cubase 7.02 the loading of an Emulator X3 samples bank of 380 Mb was taking 19 seconds. With 7.0.4, I am now at… 22 seconds.

As a reminder, the same action takes :

• 9 seconds with 5.1.1
    -14 seconds with 6.5.4

Beside this, loading my usual templates still takes ages…And the amount of resources used is still as it was with previous 7.0.x versions, which means significantly greater than 6.5.4.

What more to say ?

Where is it ?

I still see :

• that there is no way of tweaking the vertical relative grid lines appearance, as well as the horizontal one, which strangely doesn’t have the same color as the former ones (Reference : 6.5.4 ‘Preferences/Appearance/Work area’ page),
  • we are still unable to tweak the buttons appearance (Reference : 6.5.4 ‘Preferences/Appearance/General’ page),
  • there is still the horrible white masked project cursor,
  • the R and W buttons of the group/FX tracks still don’t behave as the other ones,
  • the overview line still has its unwanted white background.

So, not a single change for me… :confused:

Too bad : I was liking what I saw in the MixConsole, which seems more usable than it was with previous 7.0.x versions. I would have liked to use it but, for all the above reasons, back to 5.1.1/6.5.4, as usual. Launching C7 again after several weeks just reminded me how much I hate it…

Thanks Helge and Steinberg for your efforts…that makes the difference to the competion…react with updates in a short period…Thanks again and keep on good work :smiley:

Mixer doesn’t look any different, but the program seems to feel a little tighter.

I wonder if a complete reinstall is necessary to get all the problems resolved?

I would like to see more of this kind of patch, though. We needs lots of improvements to get inserts looking as spiffy as protools etc…

Nice fixes. Was kinda hoping random unexpected crashes would stop but I guess next time. Hopefully.

If you’re using 3rd party plug-ins, that would contribute to it. Every version of Cubase I’ve owned has been rock-solid in terms of stability and this latest update thankfully didn’t change that.

I have to use VEP to host misbehaving or top-heavy plug-ins like PLAY and Kontakt to protect my session data. Those plugs just love to throw exceptions, and I know there are a few others out there that do as well.

Plugin-windows still hide behind Fullscreen mixer, even if set to focus in front. For me Fullscreen Mixer is still not usable. What a pity. Waiting for 7.0.5…

the wheel is not locked to the zoom anymore but it’s super slow :frowning: and there’s no option to change the speed of the wheel (only the arrows) and it’s not even possible to put it back to zoom relative :frowning:

Is there something I missed?

Guess it’s the interface, to choose a color.
The one that pops up, if you click on a color button.

As always, new and modern does not mean ‘better’, though.
It’s nearly impossible to chose the same color, twice …

BUT,
the mixer ergonomics have been improved, noticeably.
Inserts, etc. are easily readable, font sizes are better.

Jan

Every time I close Cubase 7 64bit (Clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) it crashes/hangs. Every time I have to open the task manager to close it and reload C7. I thought this “Bug” was fixed in 7.0.4 and was very excited until I installed it?!?

On another note, Thank you Steinberg for adding a Keycomand to open the Search Track/Channel … I’ve been requesting that for a while and now I can only press 1 button to open the search field :smiley:

Well so far so good.
I really like the mixer changes, Its much smoother now and easier to read.
I was not very happy to see the greenish tinge to the overall background colour though…not sure it was like that before, yesterday but I preffer the dark balck grey look of the cubase window