Cubase 7.0.4

Well, the real funny part of it was that the forum software didn’t allow me to write Steinb_o_r_g in one word. Try it for yourself :wink:

That soon ? WOW
I thought we would have to wait till 7.9.9.9999999999999

Hi there,

just a small hint, that can try to solve your issue with the resizing windows…
Use Workspaces…this what the option Workspaces is made for since Cubase SX 1…

Cubase 7 (Page 688) manual:

“A configuration of Cubase windows is called a “workspace”. A workspace stores the
size, position and content of all windows,allowing you to quickly switch between
different working modes via the menu or by using key commands. For example, you
may want as large a Project window as possible when you are editing, whereas you
may want the MixConsole and effect windows open during mixdown. Workspaces are
listed and managed on the Workspaces submenu of the Window menu…”

The position of the Mixer will be stored, but it needs the improvement of the Mixer window content.

If it does not solve all of your issues, please PM me and we will take a look into your system…

Sure we need to do improvements and fix some issues, I really need to excuse for some really annoying issues.
We are working on it…be sure we do…

Best regards,

Marcus

That indeed sounds better :wink:

That’s right, it changes it to Steinborg but allows Steinboard. Odd!

You could of course use Stoneborg :smiley:

I think this banter from Helge and other Steinberg emps on the forums is great. Keep it up, it really adds a postive boost, let’s people know that there are in fact people “on the other end”.
In fact a Cubase blog would be a great idea. :sunglasses:
:bulb: Come on Helge , you could arrange a weekly blog (needn’t be you personally each time). maybe you can’t come each week with a fix, but a report now and then, a glimpse into the mindset and philosophy driving the development, you’ve said a lot of things about your plans in various interviews which are for many users unfortunately only in german. It was content from these interviews that gave me the confidence to forge ahead with C7.
So think about it please :wink:

ThnX Marcus, appreciate that, I use the workspace, but issue is not as much the windows size and position
but the content IN the window, repopulating all the time
before the mixer kept it’s lay-out and zoom state, it pulled it from somewhere and the mixer came back how you left it while exiting with F3

now, everytime you call the mixer back, it sort of re-assesses all mixer components, calculates an “optimal” lay-out and fills out the mixer window in a way it thinks it’s best. It’s that “smart” behaviour that makes the look and feel really sluggish, let alone the fact that the lay-out and zoom state is NEVER the same as when you closed the mixer for the last time.

I’m pretty sure it’s not even a BUG it’s by design as a resolution for the previous default fadersize bug when opening the default mixer layout for the first time. but though we now no longer see full lenght faders in the default mixer view, we have far more anoying behaviour instead.

My point was really how that “improvement” passed user acceptance testing and quality control.
Same for the mono / stereo indication, also by design, not a bug.

I know when enough users feed/push back here, it will be changed or reverted, so eventually it will be sorted
But despite all the good stuff that’s in .03 these are issues that overcloud that.

A seperate case is the +6db monitoring on realtime mixdown. How did that slip in there? wasn’t there before
someone tinkered with the controlroom being 1db toolloud, while squashing that bug, introducing this one? HOW could this happen?

It’s these kind of things that worry me, the process of quality control clearly has some areas for improvement.
I would expect that with every release someone, or some team tests the “core 100 actions” in Cubase basic things like
realtime mixdown, normal mixdowntest control room, lanes, copy/paste actions, import export etc etc.

If that would happen a lot of the annoyances in .03 would have been caught and not slipped through.
I’ll get by untill the next update, let’s just hope this proces improves

Yep, thanks Marcus.
As it was said, workspaces do not help with my (our) problem.
Looking into my system is not needed, either.

Was Steinberg able to repro ?
When will we see a fix ?

Jan

So, any idea when we can expect 7.04?

…please? :question:

It should be here anytime soon been speaking with SB and they are pulling the stops out to get it finished

Will the next update be mostly bug-fixes, or will it offer any new features/improvements ?

Mostly bug-fixes would be enough new features/improvements.
:smiley:

Interestingly, a thread asking this question is posted four to five weeks prior to the release being asked about. On Feb 26th such a thread foretold the release of 7.0.3, and a post Jan 7 foretold the release of 7.0.2.

Including weight for frustration, longing and romance, next release: May 22.

ssssssss

+1 To all of this.

It’s almost like these issues aren’t bugs, but purposefully ignored/added issues.

I noticed most of these issues within 3 minutes of updating to 7.0.3. So why didn’t the developing team?

It is important to update programs, Cubase 5 to Cubase 6 to Cubase 7, same with Pro Tools and other companies… But why do the first people who buy the program always have to be the “beta testers”?

Is it really that hard to make a program that works properly, and THEN release it? When you think about it, it doesn’t even make sense. All they should be doing is adding features, not messing with the stuff that works as intended.

The need to make every little thing “better” or “different looking” or “fresh”, and that’s what causes all of this trouble for us users. It creates bugs. But if a program just kept continually updating to make the program more stable and more bug free, (and of course adding major functions when deemed necessary), then I would think they would do really well. Although I’m guessing that would just make a good DAW, rather than making money.

I have yet to find a DAW that updates in a logical manner (with the exception of Studio One). Everything is released after you want it, and before it’s ready. :nerd:

Now that’s funny! :laughing:

All bug fixes am afraid most of the fixes are mixer related as that’s were most of the problems have been. Nearly all my issues have been with the mixer and an odd drop in audio playback when recording anything when going from the main screen and flicking to the mixer screen but again SB know of these issues and 7.04 is almost ready but I would rather they make sure they have the biggest part of the bugs totally nailed before posting it. I am looking forward to the update and getting my mixer issues sorted

Now that SB has identified that there is a issue with CPU spikes for a lot of Mac users, I’m hoping it will include a fix for it.

Well, pretty sure, the usual leapfroggin will cause an even longer wait for Cubase users,
yet again …
In all these years they have ‘ditched’ countless products …
I’ll never understand, why they are so stubborn about keeping ‘Noendo’ ?!
:confused:

Jan

Indeed… Guess that all C7 bugs and regressions are also laughable, seen from Steiny headquarters. Point taken… I also guess that this kind of behavior is in accordance with Steiny brand new ‘level of interaction’ with us

Something more constructive to say about, at random, the UI/workflow regressions that appeared all over the place with C7, Helge ? Just a little effort, without laughing, please…