Cubase 7.5.30 Sound engine

I also rendered a stereofile without processing. this nulls. So that is good. It means it is not in the engine.
But this does not explain the strage results I got doing the tests in my previous posts.

So I decided to go back to the multitrack mix, delete all groups and FX returns, but turn on all channel plugins, and route all channels directly to the stereobuss.
In this residue, I can hear overhead, snare and bass, and nothing else. These are also the only channels that were eq’ d with the cubase eq. So this makes sense, it is definitely (very) different!

I use groups a lot, like in kick in and out mike to kick subgroup, snare top and bottom mike to group, snare and kick group to drumgroup, drumgroup to 'band" group, guitars to group, send an aux of this group to another group for upwards comping, and so on. Maybe something has changed for the better in 7.5.30 concerning delay compensation, or something like that, using groups or multiple groups cascaded…This would certainly explain the previous results of my tests, and the cleaner sound of my files in 7.5.30…If things go out of phase or sync it sounds horrible, especialy with a “live one take” band recording, and this is what I used for testing.

Anyway, hope this helps, back to recording and mixing… :slight_smile: