Cubase 8.0.30

Yes and part of the problem is that they don’t release software when it’s ready. They release software before Christmas, no matter how. I’m not sure if we can blame them, however. They need to stay alive in this turbo-capitalism and if this is what they think they have to do, it’s hard to be angry at them. I assume they work their arses off. But aside from that Cubase 8 is - in my personal opinion and experience - disappointing.

I agree.

Maybe they should pick their battles more carefully, like don’t touch the UI for a while. Probably half of the issues, if not more, that Cubase 8 brought along were UI related, mainly stuff nobody needed or asked for.
Is the v8 UI better than v7.5 so they can say it was worth it?

Ok,
BON-7379 is fixed (the enable/disable issue with loosing midi input data)
So happy ? Yes. Unhappy ? a bit.
This feature has been promoted as one of the big changes from V8.0. It IS one of the big changes and a major upgrade functionwise if you want a project on one single piece of hardware. It’s super! But… Even with the fix i have to redo the entire flower because i jumped on it too early.

Not ranting: but i know why this has happened. While beta testing everything must be indeed documented and use cases must be followed and so on, but you also need a fase (two weeks or so) where real life musicians do their job with the functionality. This would not have happended if a good betatesting had been done on what is a superb functionality.

kind regards,
R.

Updated this morning to 8.0.30, and everything runs fine. All of my 3party plugs are well, all VSTi play, and it seems that Asio Guard is a bit better than previous versions. Loaded some previous projects (made in C8 and C7.5), and everything was in place. Feeling damm lucky :slight_smile:

I’m still getting the “Video Engine has stopped working” dialogue on shutdown. I don’t work with video and never will, so why can’t I de-select video functionality?

I’ve started having ‘Audio Dropouts’ since I updated this morning.

Never happened before, and I’m recording withe the same setup as I was using yesterday, with no issues!

hi thermionic,

rename in Cubase folder all video**.dll in video**.xxx Then this modul is not loaded. That my way and it works, because i never need video funtions.

best regards

… or upgrade to Windows 10 :smiling_imp: and video doesn’t work at all!

Due to start mixing an E.P. tomorrow,is it worth the risk installing this?Ive had it since 8.0 with very few issues on 2 different computers(lucky me) but if theres an asio guard improvement I can see it being useful on this project as the overall performance is poor considering the power of my computer.

I was really hoping this would fix the ruler zoom mess :frowning: I completely stooped using that feature.

Thanks MrSoundman, I did that in C7 so I know it works but it’s not very elegant - we should be able to de-select it in Cubase, along with all the other stuff we don’t use :unamused:

I wouldn’t advise ever upgrading anything if you’re in the middle or about to start work for somebody/paying client. If it’s you’re own stuff and you have no deadlines, then, why the devil not! haha!

My video works very well. Rename videooutput.exe in the Components folder. That’s all I did to get the video to work, with audio extraction, playback in the video player etc.

+11

I can’t figure out how something like that, which used to be great, gets through the developers AND beta testers without somebody saying, “Hey, put it back like it was till we can get this to actually work.”

It seems to not care about the topic.
It is simply a command line parde but decided that would only be for professionals and studios with two or more screens … and the rest, we do not care.
very bad!!

leveraging response colleague
And the Always on top?

I have been running Win10 Home since release and I had no problems (8.0.20). But I installed this last night. Will test today with some unfinished tracks.

Will post results after.

Yes, I’ve noticed this too. Moving midi events around is sluggish too. Not quite as slow as on your end, but noticeably slower than any previous version of Cubase I’ve ever used. All they had to fix was the darn font color.
Oh wait, maybe we need to trash our preferences or upgrade our systems :slight_smile:

been using it for a couple hours and everything works fine. looks like this update is much better than 20.

Ugh, how sluggish are we talking? I do midi editing all day and would be hesitant to upgrade if this is true…