Cubase 8.0.35 maintenance updates available

Dear Cubase 8 users,

We are happy to announce the availability of the 8.0.35 maintenance updates for Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements/AI/LE 8! These updates are a free download and fully supported (please see the bottom of this post for links).

The update resolves several issues in different areas of the applications and adds official Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) compatibility… To find out what is new in detail, please head over to this knowledgebase article.

The 8.0.35 Updaters are available here:

Cubase Pro 8 downloads
Cubase Artist 8 downloads
Cubase Elements 8 downloads
Cubase AI 8 downloads
Cubase LE 8 downloads

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Will the following functions ever be incorporated into Cubase?

1. Ability to create VCA’s from channels independent of linked settings, like in Nuendo.
  2. Save zoom and ruler settings on a per project basis.

I still can not add group tracks using Track Presets. Performance still severely affected when using the Scissors or Pencil Tools while playing back a project. I know they are not listed as fixes so was merely hoping. Will it still be fixed in Cubase 8.0.x?

Who knows? There are many things on the feature list we plan to include.

[BON-14128]

With some caution and hesitation with a very brief test with the new 8.0.35 maintenance release (22-12-2015):

So far with large templates the expression maps do seem to be recalling correctly when the track has previously been disabled (as well as adding new tracks with Expression Maps and enabling disabling)

If it is truly fixed then 8.0.35 at the moment is ahead of 8.5…

Ed, what concerns me though is that [BON-14128] is not listed in the fixes? so I kinda feel that I still cannot trust this until a proper confirmation is made regarding this particular issue. Is it officially fixed or not?

Thanks and Regards

Is this the final update for 8.0.x or will there be future maintenance updates?

Wow! This update looks sooo good, im gonna bite the bullet and hope for the best:)

Thank you very much:)

Edit: OMG! Its an amazing update! Soooo snappy, fast, responsive, smoooooth!!

♫ Oh happy daaaay!!♫

You guys nailed it!

“Jaw dropped”

Im… In… Awe…! Its soooo awesommmmeeeee!!

Thx thx thx thx thx so much!:):):):):)):slight_smile:

Woooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´

Editedit: ok, still some kinks, but wow, you are on the right track again:) (this time i actually believe that its also my system that needs some tuning;)

Have there been some changes to the fonts? Seems like everything is bold now and hard to read. For example in the key editor it’s almost impossible to identify the velocity number. Is it just me or did anyone else notice this?

I’m running on mac by the way.

Are you being sarcastic? If not, what is it about 8.0.35 that warrants so much praise? The list of bug-fixes looks rather meager and does not include productivity-killing problems like the scissors/pencil tool lagging issue. I suppose that’s why this is only 8.0.35 rather than 8.0.40.

Somebody has been at the Christmas Drinks Cabinet :slight_smile: Can’t think of any other reason.

My latency problem with the scarlett solo was not solved with this update. I still get a popping sound when the input is connected with the scarlett solo and the buffer size down to 32 samples, in order to get a reasonable latency.

Will this be addressed? Thanks.

The fonts have definitely changed - some of them it does look like you’d need fairly sharp eyesight! I really like the new look though, it’s a lot crisper, and if I have to squint a bit, so be it :smiley: I think there are a couple of threads or posts about a similar thing on the 8.5 Mac update

Hmm, maybe I should get one of those for my house. It won’t solve any of the outstanding problems, but apparently it will make them seem much less annoying. :laughing:

LOL! It is nice to hear from a happy customer. Whiskey or not.

So far I have nothing but positive things to say about the update.

Thanks guys!

Jimmy

I upgraded to Cubase 8.5 and, as normal, Cubase 8 still remains on my system launching successfully if I want it.

What would be the impact of applying this 8.0.35 update on my system, in terms of the coexisting 8.5?

Would this update simply update the 8.x.x install and not upset or otherwise touch the 8.5 at all?

In other words, are 8 and 8.5 truly independent “coexistors”, and I can be safe applying updates to one without risk of messing up the other moving forward?

THANKS

Good question…would like to know this myself but I’m not holding my breath for an answer…
I’ve unistalled 8.5 because it wouldn’t close so I reckon thats probably the safest option…

best, Kevin

Hello,

they are separate applications and reside in different folders.
Each version has its own Components folder and files, so that version-specific files are only used by that version - I had up to 7 major versions on the same system working side-by-side with no issues (21 including minor versions).

Only the files stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg are used by different versions (these mostly contain VST2 .dlls and extension files for the controllers / audio interfaces).

Best,

When will the 8.5 equivalent appear?

Great work, keep it up. Once the core stability probs are fixed then worry about the flashy new featured.

No more crashing when exit on my system. Seems smoother and fonts are better. Im looking forward to 8.0.40 now.

Thanks SB.

Tanx Ed,

Now I am just waiting for Yamy to issue new divers/tools
for my (aging) n12box.

Almost home.

Happy holidays!
{‘-’}