Cubase 8.5.20

Understood. Again, thank you for your input on the matter! Ill see if I can dig deeper.

Btw - I really enjoyed “Just because”. Nice work!

Best,

Same problem here on PC.

You can quickly fix this by toggling the master mute and master solo buttons. This is just another example of how the mute / solo functions logic is flawed and needs overhauling though.

Og thanks for that. Will give it a try.

+1

GUI graphics are to a DAW what the speedometer is to an automobile - Both need to be accurate and responsive or you get into trouble. Hardly rates an “everything pretty much ok” in my book.

Fix GUI for El Cap, please!

:confused:

GUI is very sluggish here as well!
Latest System and Cubase software.

Unworkable!!!
Don’t tell me they didn’t know before the release,…and, still not fixt

My MBP has NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB… No performance issues on large pop music productions. With 50-100 vocal tracks plus 48 instruments. FX and group tracks…

Maybe this GUI issue happens with specific graphic cards…

Talking about 8.5.20, any news on the release date?
It’s been 3 months since they’ve released a teeny tiny .5 update, for which they also needed 1-2 months.

I don’t even expect much from them anymore, I’d be happy if they would at least finally fix the hover buttons booboo introduced in 8.5.10:

It should have been fixed along with 8.5.15, but Steinberg thought differently. Oh well…

This and the removal of the new edge popups that drive everybody crazy:

I am one extremely disappointed user.

Yes excactly. The insert on/off/bypass bug and the annoying popups make C 8.5.15 pretty unusable for me - still using C 6.5.5 for my daily professional work - C 8.5.15 only for warps and some testing…

Yes excactly. The insert on/off/bypass bug and the annoying popups make C 8.5.15 pretty unusable for me - still using C 6.5.5 for my daily professional work - C 8.5.15 only for warps and some testing…

I’m in the same boat, stuck on 6.5, but for different reasons. Mainly the plugin display in the mixer. Not being able to read plugin names.

Fortunately I’m not seeing these issues on my setup, though I sympathise with those who are suffering!

This is a OS X issue, not windows. Seems to be effecting the El Capitan Cubase users.

yeh similar issues here reported with pro-tools

it does say “the only fix is to backup and install yosemite”
the price people pay for wanting that apple logo :wink: I honestly prefer a working performance based system than a fashion object.

Aha - I stand corrected. I’ll pay more attention next time.
Hope the situation is resolved soon

Hi John,

you and I both! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

I don’t even expect much from them anymore

The amount of things Steinberg need to fix in Cubase is vast. I have said it before and I will say it again, until they stop screwing bolts into broken threads Cubase will not be truly great. Months and months go by and some features still not working correctly (will not list here). Basic Render of audio does not even work as intended (the adding of 1 sample issue). As a long time user, it is very unimpressive.

Next V8.5 update… will be truly fascinating to see where they have put their priorities.

I totally agree. I’ve only mentioned the hover buttons and edge popups issues because these can be addressed in literally 1-2 days, yet here we are 4-5 months later and Steinberg says or does nothing. For such delays, on such simple matters, a company can have no excuses.

The bigger issues are probably here to stay for a long, long, long time.

Could be that Steinberg are taking their time, and next update will be the ultimate mother of all updates, solving all bugs and problems that were reported over last few years. A grand move like that could be expected from first class company like Steinberg. I can’t wait for the next update, I bet it will be truly fascinating to see what Steinberg is capable of achieving in short period of 5 months or so since the last update.

I believe the next update will resolve all the issues in C8.5 and will deliver a lot of new features for free… and I will be forever young.