Cubase 8 - coming soon?

Years ago I ran Nuendo before to switching to Cubase. I dumped it when they pulled their little “let’s triple the price so we’re taken seriously” scam.

At the time, one of the biggest and most frequent complaints, especially after the price tripling, was that Cubase alwys got audio features before the allegedly “flagship” Nuendo did. There were also a few features that you could only get in Cubase.

I’m sure there must be benefits to Nuendo in certain applications or people wouldn’t buy it. That said, having used both, I don’t see any significant advantages at all to Nuendo for music production, i.e. those of us who don’t need video post features. Very happy with Cubase in this regard.

[edit]

A case in point. Just saw a thread on the Nuendo forums asking when VCA faders, an audio engine upgrade, etc. will be available for Nuendo since it’s already been released in Cubase 8.

Without a doubt, the Nuage console / hardware is the sexiest thing out there, even by PT standards, if you’re able to spend that kind of money. Nonetheless, for audio production Cubase clearly gets all the cool kid features first. :slight_smile:

[\edit]