Cubase 9.5.10 maintenance update

This makes no sense on my system. For me the lighter is green, the darker is blue & as reported by many the total opposite of versions as recent as 9.0
I wish someone from support would clarify this matter either way.

Hi Matthias, any news about these issues?

Are them in the backlog? :question:

This is a biggy for me… You are 100% sure it is fixed?

PS. I will test tomorrow. Thanks for the “heads up” :slight_smile:

Just installed the update for c9.5. Now C9.5.10 doesn’t open. However, C9 opens fine. What? :bulb:

This is DEFINITELY working on my system as it should be now…

BUT i’m noticing significantly reduced graphics performance now… if i insert an instance of izotope TBP frame rate drops to about 2-3fps… :unamused:

The insert slots are still truncated. :angry: This bug is becoming a biggie for me…

2018 is a MUCH too long time frame to even consider buying Console 1.
They better get their job done at Softube, and announce at least a quarter of the year for the overdue update - if they seriously want some interest from Cubase users.

Hi, just installed Cubase Elements 9.5.10 over 9.5 on a Windows 10 desktop.
I’m using a blue plastic USB key (originally supplied with Cubase SE 3).

Now I see this message box (with those typos)…
title: eLicenser Control - Message
message: Soft-eLiceneser doesn’t have enought permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix this problem.
button: OK

When I click the OK button, Cubase starts normally.

I previously saw a very similar message and behaviour when I updated Cubase Essentials 5, but problem seemed to have gone away with install of 9.5.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Alasdair

Run LLC app as administrator and run maintenance. It´s a win10 update issue I believe.

You should be writing this to Softube support instead of here :wink:

This update sure fucked something up. When ever i start a new project, load a softsynth, the signal overloads, and the default EQ looks like in this image.

Right click the EQ and select Default Preset → Remove Default Preset

Thanks for your help vinark, I did my Cubase update immediately after Windows 10 Creator Update so that might be the answer.
Fixed by running eLicenser Control Center and clicking Perform Maintainance Tasks button.
Alasdair

Just to be clear, because it foxed me for a while: old LCC.exe is deprecated
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206110404-Information-on-the-outdated-Syncrosoft-License-Control-Center-LCC-

Hey dear community,
after install I’m having all sorts of problems. Running on a MacBook Pro Mid 2012 / 2.6GHz / 16GB RAM /OS X Sierra.

CuBase takes forever to open, even after trashing prefs. Opening projects also takes forever. Omnisphere 2 also takes a long time to load and to change presets. Sometimes they don’t load and sometimes Cubase crashes.
Any ideas?

Hi all,

I installed the 9.5.1 update an my loading screen and ‘about Cubase’ entry still refer to 9.5.0… The installer states the 9.5.1 update is already installed… Am I missing something? I did fix the eLicanser issue after a Win10 update…

Cheers!

Vincent

Direct Off-Line Processing Issue…

When you have multiple audio clips (like 20 excerpts) and you apply pitch shift to all of them, without time correction option ON.
the pitch shift function applies normally, BUT the length of the excerpts (clips) remains the same.
In the previous Cubase versions, the excerpts used to pick up the length of the applied pitch shift.

For example :
while you apply pitch shift +12 semitones up, the length of an excerpt used to decrease half of its original size,
but in the latest Cubase version - the length stays same regardless of a pitch value applied.
which is therefore not supporting the natural sound behavior principles.

There is a way to skip this problem by bouncing all the excerpts, one by one,
but with many of them, it becomes rather inconvenient.
(Imagine to have to deal with 100 excerpts!)

Suppose you pitch shift +1 semitones up, and there you get excerpt with a tail (from the file of an excerpt) within the same length,
and then you have to calculate manually the amount of milliseconds that an excerpt should receive naturally…

in case of +1 or especially fraction pitch values it becomes complicated to calculate unless of course, you know these numbers by heart :slight_smile:

Thanks man!

As a newcomer to Cubase and this forum can be say that it’s refreshing to see such positive interaction between the mods (Matthias) and the members here. Passing on relevant and up to date information is a vital to a positive user experience. Thanks.

I’m having problems with this release. Whenever I hit a menu option, on the top bar, Cubase crashes.

I’m on MacOS 10.13.2. Anyone seeing similar?

I reinstalled the update and things were fine for a while, now I can’t use Cubase at all. Previous versions were OK. Anyone know what might be causing it?

Edit: might be related to the 64 bit engine. Managed to drop down to 32 bit and so far, so good.

Edit2: Clearing out the old configs (4 previous versions) seem to have cleared that problem for me. Have to find the solution myself though (with help from other forum members). No responses from Steinberg to my support request.

Please fix what you broke with “DOP” I still have to resort to cubase 9.0 to use the offline processing features.