Cubase 9.5 WORKFLOW wishlist

1. Smart edit tool.
  2. Unlimited number of colours possible to choose.
  3. Whole mixer channel and channel strip covered with colour (customized). Like in Reaper
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Screenshot_REAPER_3.PNG
  4. Please remove switch on/off cycle feature when clicking on ruler. It is so annoying when you accidentally switch on/off cycle (customized).
  5. Bezier curves in automation.
  1. Modular Channel Strip: All Modules in the whole channel are moveable and exchangeable, be it the inserts, the sends, the internal channel strip, the fader. I’d love to see a completely modular strip. For backward compatbility it could be pre-configured as it is now (with the pre-section, inserts, internal channel strip, eq, sends, panner and fader), but could be fully swappable. In its ‘init’ state it would only have a input, a fixed amound of empty slots and an output.
    → Maybe for V10

2. automation overhaul: Bezier curves. Part-based automation (within part-containers). Automation drawable over the track (as with volume now)

Please integrate Apple’s AudioUnit-Virtual Instruments.

+1. Steinberg created VariAudio which immediately replaced Melodyne for me across the board. I have so much faith that they could make an incredible tool to replace Vocalign as well.

:sunglasses:
Yeees! And Vocal sync /align especially! :sunglasses:

+1000 for this one!

Cubase is good at exporting, no doubt, but only this feature really would make it the world champion!

Name the sends in the automation menu already. God, it’s 2017. :smiley:

You’re supposed to make your own threads for feature suggestions, not hijack other people’s threads.

Yay for generic thread titles?

I just want one thing. And i want it badly. Make EuCon controllers follow the visibility agents.

I have 1 main request… and made an account just to say this.

I want to be able to SAVE External FX I/O routing settings like I was able to do in the DAW I switched from. This way, for a project where I am using a lot of the same hardware patched the same way, I can just select a “Pultec MEQ-5” routing preset and it will instantly plug in my I/O routing settings (example: input 4, output 10). If they could go a step further and put a wet/dry parallel knob in the External FX plugin where there is already input and output gain… that would be a game changer as well… basically giving every piece of hardware I own that feature.

Also, I will always take better multithreading / multicore support, though Cubase is WORLDS better than Logic Pro X which is what I came from. Being required to work in 96K most of the time, the better I can use all 12 cores, the happier I will be. That is more performance than workflow based though.

This thread isn’t the place to post your requests.

Be smart, limit suggestions to 1 & only 1 per thread

Better export features. Like ‘keep same as’ for bitrate and channel size (mono/stereo/etc). Currently it’s fairly laborious to do a export of large projects because of this… At least the way I’ve been working with Cubase, with lots of small audio snippets of varying bit+channels. Exporting all to either Mono/Stereo is not really a good idea. Same for Rewire - as they are mono to begin with.

This thread isn’t the place to post your requests.

Be smart, limit suggestions to 1 & only 1 per thread

+1

1. macro controls like in ableton live, to control several parameters at once
  2. assignable LFO to any parameter in cubase including plugin parameters
  3. colorcoding the whole channel in the mixer

thanks steinberg! :smiley:

‘The algorithm has been automatically switched to “Standard Solo” because Variaudio pitching requires this.’

This message appears every single time I go into “Pitch and Warp” and cut a segment. The message is positioned over the top of the blobs so you generally have to wait for it to disappear before you can continue working - a couple of seconds or so.

Not so much of a problem if you’re only doing it now and then, but I regularly tune large amounts of vocals, so this unnecessary wasted time really adds up.

I can’t find any way of switching off this message - I find it very annoying! Can we have this fixed please?

I don’t understand !!! It was like that with Cubase 8 pro

please confirm of I am crazy ?

BTW, I know the answer : It WAS like that… cause I always did export, and I see the mono & stereo track exported respected

so why this necessary option is not here now ???

Export WAV and MP3 (or other formats) at the same time…

When will 9.5 be released?

If history repeats itself, December it is.