Cubase crash after install new GPU

today i install new gpu (GeForce 1050 Ti 4gb)
I run cubase open a project, play and after 1 minute - crash. i install lastest drivers, same thing. install previous drivers - same. update my eLicenser

Before everything was fine with integrated card (Intel HD 4600) after i install new gpu i get problems.

I have also blue screen with this text: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

i understand its happened because of new GPU, but how to fix it…

Hey. Try updating the drivers for every component in your PC, usually you get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen and hardware/software issues with a driver conflict. Network cards are particular offenders.

seems to be i solved the problem.

first, i plug my eLicenser from my monitor usb hub, directly to my pc.

then I google BSOD problem, and many of people says problem with RAM, i run windows memory test, after test windows says something wrong with my memory. I’m turn off my pc, unplug memory, plug it back in different slot (was yellow yellow, i plug in black black)
Run cubase again, 30 min, no crashes and no BSOD

You could have knocked a Ram stick when installing the GPU.
I usually tend to have problems with SATA cables going bad after a computer upgrade.

can someone explain, how to send dump file to Steinberg Support ?
Never do it before…

How is this a Steinberg problem?

Please take a look at this post, I solved it by reading this and installed only the driver and nothing of the other 3D and hd drivers. Download the latest driver pack, select the custom driver install and select clean install and only highlight the top driver and the rest off…

Did you uninstall and disable the Intel graphics? Maybe there’s a conflict with those drivers.
And if possible in BIOS, set graphics to PEG (pcie graphics) instead of IGD (integrated).

oh, i forgot about inegrated… thank you, will uninstall it.

should i roll back to drivers or stay on latest ?

seems C8.5 works ok, maybe i should just re-install C9 ?

No try to do this first with the driver. Personally I am sticking with an older driver that makes Cubase rock solid, but try the latest driver and select only the top one in the custom install screen and mark clean install. The driver can really make things crash. I was surprised how big a differe it makes… Windows update installed a newer driver automatically and everything crashed in Cubase all the time so keep a driver install pack with the driver working on your system so you can install it as a clean install of windows update installs a newer version one day.

its gone 5 years, and thwy have not fixed this poop yet, this is not forgivalbel, I am furious, and wxpliding. I am ruining my schedule and timelimite for a mimovie !!!

The problem is not with Cubase; the problem is with the graphics drivers of your card, interacting with your system.
Sometimes, moving a graphics card to another PCI-Ex slot will fix problems.
Sometimes, adding a beefier power supply will fix problems.
Sometimes, there’s just something about the chipset / CPU / GPU / driver combo that has problems and there’s not much you can do other than keep changing one part of the equation at a time until it works.

I’ve had these problem with all different kinds of graphics cards, high-end and low-end, on Intel and AMD systems, in all kinds of programs – Cubase, Unreal Editor, Fusion 360, Photoshop, Premiere, even plain Zoom with camera filters.

I second everythinbg @jwatte has suggested there. You could also try earlier divers if you are using the latest one as well which is suggested in this rather old thread.

@ rumlee has a option in the thread you could try if you haven’t done so already.

HI, thi si not the case here. This is my 2. PC, for music prod. I edit the film with 2x Nvidia 2080 Ti, ok, and also the PC some times shut down, or did ! Problem here was theat they ran too hot ! So I got a prgramfrom a gamer site, that can tweak the power fo the GPUs, and… the PC stopped to freeze :slight_smile:

I will tell you somtihng trange here, first !
Yesterday, in my frustration, and desperation, after also installing NVIdia, driver without any other exptras, and with the Driver completely uninstalled, I tried to open the movie in CUBASE 10,5 . AND IT WORKS !?!?
Remember this, I run dual screen ( obviously ) ass serious prod. guys do ! The fancy time of 17Inch Mac ( I anever understood it ) !?!
And another information is ; the CUBASE project , with the movei also run, if I turn OFF the Nvidia driver, but then ; No dual screen is possible . I have one HDMI and one VIDEO cable, I did not try , f.eks 2 HDMI . BUt, if I were able to run the other screen, its ok, I dont need the Nvidia driver for this computer, as it is dedicated to CUBASE. The other card I took out, is a 1070 RTX .

SO, its my conclusion, that when this works in C 10,5, but not in C 11, then its a Steinberg problem. I aslo had some strange behaviour of the SUperior Drummer 3, in Cubase 11, but works in 10,5. I also at last concludede with som dualscreen problems that occured in version 11 .