Cubase crash with UR22C

macbook pro 15 inch 2016 - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16Go
Cubase AI won’t starts - wheel turns and crash when UR22C is plugged. When it is not plugged it works
Yamaha USB is 3.1.4

please help

Regards

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Make sure you have the latest Yamaha/Steinberg Tools installed, please. Also make sure Cubase is up to date.

If it’s still crashing, attach the *.crash file, please.
Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

1 Like

Cubase LE AI Elements 12-2023-04-30-002040.ips (52.3 KB)
Cubase LE AI Elements 12-2023-04-30-002040.ips (52.3 KB)

Dear Martin thank you for your prompt reply here it is. kind regards Cubase LE AI Elements 12-2023-04-30-002040.ips (52.3 KB)

Hi,

I don’t see any relation to the driver in the crash. There are Cubase processes, then Steinberg Hub, then one more Cubase and then it crashes.

As a workaround (for now), you could try to disable Hub in the Preferences > General.

You could also try to delete Cubase and install it again.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

yes I had tried the various options of safe mode. that did not work either. If the app does not crash which it did only once it then freezes, the color wheel keeps turning. The dock of the mac even freezes also. I have de-installed everything and will re-install again. I beleive it is not a version issue as all is downloaded straight from Steinberg. Thanks again, I shall update. Kind regards

Hi,

Do you have the latest Yamaha/Steinberg Tools for UR-C installed, please?

1 Like

Hello, I believe I do has I downloaded it from Steinberg. in order to check would you provide me with the latest version # ? to double check ? kind regards

Hi,

The latest version is 2.1.0 (for Mac) and it’s available here

1 Like

Capture d’écran 2023-05-02 à 12.26.38 PM
this is the one I downloaded

and I did upgrade the newer version of the Yamaha usb Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 3.1.4 · 7.6 MB

since I have de-installed everything I will redo it again tonight and revert. Thank you for following up. much appreciated.

1 Like

Question. Before re-installing everythhing do I need to de-install eLicenser as well ? kind regards

Hi,

eLCC shouldn’t play any role in this.

1 Like

good morning Martin
here is the update
I have re-installed tools for UR-C V2.1.0 with the yamaha V3.1.3
granted security access
restarted the mac
then upgraded the yamaha driver 3.1.4
restarted the mac
then re-installed Cubase Elements AI 12
plugged the UR22C
started Cubase
Cubase is freezing but not crashing the colored wheels keeps turning
I have tried every options of disabeling plugins/prefs etc
I unplug the UR22C
restart Cubase
I select a different Asio such as integrate audio the app works
I replug UR22C the colored wheel turns the app freezes
I tried to check if the problem is similar with Garage Band it works
Any suggestions ?

Kind regards
Denis

Hi Denis,

Start Cubase with built-in Audio. In the Preferences > General disable Steinberg Hub. Quit Cubase. Plug UR22C. Start Cubase and select the UR driver. Does it work?

good evening Martin
no it doesn’t still the same
howcome when the app starts even without the UR22C plugged I get the screen "the app was terminated unexpectedly (attached) ?
would it be due to a clash between the various audio shown in audi configuration (attached in the next message)

Kind regards

Hi,

You get the message during the next start after the last Cubase crash. So if you get the message always (even if you start Cubase 3 times in line workout UR and you always get this message), this means, there is something out of UR.

Dear Martin,
can you please clarify “there is something out of UR” I did not quite understand.
wether UR22C is plugged or not plugged I do get the safe mode error message.
Kiind regards

Hi,

Your title and the description say, you get the crash only if UR device is plugged in.

Now it seems it doesn’t matter and Cubase crashes always.