Cubase crashes when importing audio

Any news due to these crashes? Are there any replies from Steinberg?

Hi,

No update yet, so no news.

Just for your info, you can still import an Audio files by drag and drop from File Explorer or MediaBay. The Import dialog is crashing Cubase. Not the import itself.

Hi @all,

just wanna report, the same thing happens on Cubase 9.5

Greetings
J.

This must be related to macOS 10.15 Catalina. Just installed a brand new 2019 Mac Pro and run into the same issue with 10.5.5.1 - the same version on the former 2013 Mac Pro with macOS 10.14 Mojave works/worked fine.

Update:
Drag and Drop of audio files seems to work, so at least this workaround works, but its not ideal.
This is obviously related, but doing any changes to the metronome sounds under “custom sound” even with a preset selected crashes the program, too.
Cubase 10.5_2020-01-05-155237_Jorgs-Mac-Pro.crash (238 KB)

Hi,

On Cubase 10.5 this is an known and already reported issue.

Seems to be fixed in 10.5.12

Hi,

Yes.

no answer from Steinberg yet?

Hi,

What kind of answer would you expect, please? It has been fixed in Cubase 10.5.12.

It’s ok with audio but video still crashes. I updated to Cubase 10.5.12 and tried to upload a video.
I attach my .crash
Cubase 10.5_2020-04-29-184823_Justinas-MacBook.crash (118 KB)

Hi,

This is other crash, which just has the same symptoms.

This crash is directly in the video engine. Please read through the Video support in Nuendo, Cubase, WaveLab and Dorico article. Do you use supported format, please?

Thank you for your reply!

I was trying upload .mov video.
I’ll check the article, hope to find solution.

I am having a similar case Cubase 11 crashes when I import an audio file, please help.
Cubase 11_2020-11-12-223709_Thes-iMac.crash (109 KB)

Hi and welcome,

What were the last steps you did before the crash, please?

the last step that Cubase 11 allows me to do is either clicking on an audio file for pre-selection in my documents (as shown in the video below) or trying to drag the audio file to Cubase timeline (it won’t even let me drop it before it crashes) please watch my video link.

Note: For some reason when I reopen Cubase it prompts a message that is in English but it also has some Alien characters, the same happens when I am on Cubase preferences Menu, I attached some images.

My Cubase 10.5 does not have any of these anomalies.

Link for Video:

Hi,

I’m sorry, you are using unsupported macOS. You are using macOS 10.13. Cubase 11 supports macOS 10.14, 10.15 & 11.

This is also the reason of the wrong characters.

I updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and I can confirm that it has been solved, thank you for your support.
That was the solution.

Hi,
I am having the same issue of the program crashing immediately as I press import from the finder window. I am on Catalina 10.15.7, using Cubase 10.5 Artist. The video files I am attempting to import are a supported format, I am really not sure what the problem is but I have been importing video before this and it has worked just fine.
Really need help as I rely on this function of Cubase for my uni course! many thanks
Cubase 10.5_2020-11-18-183515_Bens-MacBook-Pro.crash (141 KB)

Hi and welcome,

This is already reported bug, thank you.

Hi Martin

I’m sure you are sick of hearing of this issue now, I am new to Steinberg Forum, I have Cubase 9.0.40 running on OSX Catalina 10.15.7. Every time I try to open a file or import audio file my Cubase crashes. Was there ever a fix for Cubase 9 users? Thank you
Jermaine