Cubase crashes when importing audio

Also the drag and drop audio function does not seem to work. I pull from finder onto my project window, but I just get the no entry sign. Really need to import my audio ASAP and would appreciate some guidance on this

Hi,

I’m sorry, Cubase 9.0.x is not compatible/supported with macOS 10.15.

First I would recommend to update all plug-ins. If it’s still crashing, you can attach the *.crash file. From the file, we can see, if the crash is in Cubase or in any plug-in.

In any case, I would recommend to update to Cubase 11.

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Still getting crashes over here (Cubase 10.5.20.179, Win10 64bit) while trying to use the Audio Import dialog. Just had another crash today, Cubase didn’t create a crashdump file for it.

Any news on this?

Hi there

My Cubase 8.5 crashes whenever I try ‘importing tracks’ or ‘opening other projects’ since upgrading, by advice, to OS Catalina from OS Capitain on a Mac Pro. Just wanted to to let you guys know. ‘Drag and drop’ doesn’t work either, specifically for importing tracks from a previous project.

I hav raised a ticket but haven’t heard back as yet. Has anyone found fixed this?

Thanks

Dudes, I’ve been out of the scene for a while,. but I haven’t been able to import video into Cubase maybe since version 4… I’m on Cubase 10.5.20 right now in Win 10 21H2 and I can neither import an MP4 Video nor can I use Cubase to extract the audio from that video.

I’m going to have to use KDENLive to get the audio out so I can import a plain wave into Cubase 10.5. Silly…

Also, please consider porting Cubase to GNU\Linux. MS Windows has issues…