Cubase Forum Feature Request Poll - AUGUST 2019 - RESULTS ONLINE

Hi Matthias

Presumably the implementation of multiple vsti in a single vsti track is the proposed solution to linking cc data (drawn or other input)between multiple vsti?

Many Thanks…cant make my choices till i know this.

“Creativity first” stands or falls on the platforms stability and reliability. Long time faithful users have all seen outrageously sllloooooow fixing of bugs whilst new features are brought aboard the ship, unfortunately sometimes with bugs or bits missing.

New features generate income, bug fixes keep existing customers happy and faithful, non bug fixes and refusal to listen potentially destroys a company.

When a useful new feature is implemented well and reliably then it can be a really great thing for the user.

But…this thread is perhaps not the right place for this discussion;-)

Multiple VSTi in a single track is something like stacking instruments or creating your own multi-timbral instrument in a single Instrument Track. Linking CC data or Editing the CC data of multiple tracks at once is something we should add to the next poll.

O.k, I see. Thanks very much for the clarification.

How could that seriously be a poll option? That’s so subjective and non-specific that if it were the #1 request by far, there’d no action you could take on that. You’d have to do a whole other survey just to ask, “what specifically did you mean by that?”

Which long-standing issues? Which bugs? Which half-baked elements? You can’t just say “do it all” and expect them to know what you mean. And guess what? Your priorities on that subject may be very different than my own and vice versa.

If there’s stuff you specifically think should be addressed, it’s important to be specific about it. I said I’d like to see improvements to the window handling on Windows, and provided specific examples. Steinberg may chose to do nothing about it, but at least they can look at my request to include that as an option in future surveys and make a decision about it versus just a catch-all “fix all the broken or incomplete things” requests that can’t possibly further the conversation in a meaningful way.

Thanks to Matthias and Steinberg for the added communication over the last few months. These types of polls are great.

There are so many great features/improvements that were listed that I found it hard to get down to just 10. Even if my top ten doesn’t line up with the majority of users, there are a lot features outside my top 10 picks that I would find very useful.

Scroll bar improvements, multi-track free warp. Dear Santa…

Polyphonic audio editing - having the chord track affect polyphonic audio tracks would be stellar!

One KEY feature of Cubase I’ve ALWAYS WANTED:

Make me more famous and give me bigger projects!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Come on Steinbergy!

:mrgreen:

I tried to vote for 0 of the features, it was not accepted.

Wow you’re the life of the party aren’t you!

I see the request “Customizable right click menu”, but does this refer also to resizing the right click toolbox? (“Pop up toolbox on right click” enabled in Preferences)
It would be my number one!
Thanks.

In my opinion the previous poll had a lot more relevant features for me. Closest on this one is “multi quick control”. But this matches (maybe not true quote).

Everything regarding remote controllers need a redesign where multi quick controllers is only a small part.

Now that we have the right-click menu (mostly) back as it was, I’d just like to see it left well alone! The default ‘tools-only’ setting (as opposed to the full right-click list) never made sense to me and it’s the first thing I switch off on a new installation.

I’m the opposite. For a short while, I think around C7, the menu actually was the default on a new installation – and was the first thing I turned off!

I’d like to see votes on:
– restore the multi-line facility for the right-click toolbox
– fix the unnecessarily screwed-up floating transport bar (F2)

These are all great feature requests, but please also don’t forget to fix the bugs that have been here forever, such as the inability to save group tracks or multiple tracks as a template. Thanks

If I understand correctly, multi quick controls will allow you to map multiple parameters and set their range to a single quick control, which makes its purpose quite different from an improved external controller integration imo.

Yes, exactly.

The request for Multi Quick Controls is found here, for some more info about it:

Ah…I’m used to those being called “Macro knobs.” One knob doing a few things. Multi Quick Controls sounds like multiple pages of the existing Quick Controls.

New Chord Track option (checkbox) required! Don’t play MIDI outside the selected scale! Sometimes when you improvise by playing on MIDI keyboard, you can make mistake by pressing some notes, which are out of musical scale. This option (chekbox) must prevent this mistakes, don’t play any bad notes (which out of scale).