Cubase IC Pro on iOS 15 Broken

So far , yes. I just got started with Cubasis, normally a Cubase user on a PC desktop. I haven’t come across too many places where you actually need the keyboard, except naming a new project and naming tracks, which I can do without crashing. Are there any specific spots I should test that I haven’t come across so far? I looked to see if you could manually type in a tempe but that whole dialog seems to work off the +/- buttons and tap tempo.

It sounds like you’re talking about your experience with Cubasis. This thread is about Cubase IC Pro, which is a separate Steinberg app

Disclaimer: I am NOT, repeat NOT, a morning person.

Sorry. You’re right of course.
Yes, iC Pro crashes when I use the keyboard. Fixing my connection just solved the most immediate problem.

I don’t get any crashing using the app on an iPhone 13 Pro…but what I’ve discovered is that once downloaded and launched, there is no way (that I could find) to dismiss the app from taking over the phone once its been launched, short of shutting down the phone, rebooting it and completely deleting the app. In other words, once launched, there is no way to close the app or access anything else on the phone.

No issues running it on iPad with iOS 15.1. Seems to work fine here.

All I can say is you may want to think twice before installing this app on a new iPhone. After what I just experienced, I wouldn’t recommend it.

IC Pro is still broken on iOS 15.2. Still crashes on keyboard input.

1 Like

Still crashing here too.

1 Like

I’m guessing this is abandonware now? I use IC Pro all the time on an older iPad (just for key commands) but start to migrate to a slightly newer one (air2) and discovered the same issues. It wasn’t crashing, but I can only use dictation to type things because of the broken keyboard.

Too bad as it was a great app.

2 Likes

It takes so long to solve the problem :frowning: I need the application during recording (remote mixer operating) and mixing. I don’t want another hardware controller because it must be a mobile/wireless solution. Steinberg, it’s not fair…

1 Like

installed itunes in pc and it worked…Ipad connect automatically to pc

Had I dropped in here sooner, I might had avoided updating from 15.1 to 15.2 because like everyone else here the app just crashes on my iPad attempting to type.

HA! Ten minutes later I figured it out. Don’t attempt to type anything into the IP address area. When Cubase is launched on the Mac that you want to pair the iPad (or iPhone) with, the computer’s ID name will get displayed on IC Pro. Press that name selection and IC Pro will launch.

In case others find it useful, I happened to have a bluetooth keyboard handy, and I connected that to the iPad, which allowed me to enter an IP address and connect to Cubase running on my PC.

I have iPhone 11 pro and when I try to out my IP address , the app crashes …kindly help !

Hey
Im Windows Defender muss Cubase unbedingt freigegeben werden, sonst gibt es keine Verbindung.
Apple Bonjour separat herunterladen,falls man kein iTunes installiert hat. SKI Remote herunterladen und in Cubase unter Studio auf + Zeichen gehen und SKI aktivieren.
Dann sollte es funktionieren
Viel Erfolg :+1:
P.S.: benutze selber ios15.3 auf iPad und iPhone und es funktioniert auf beiden Geräten perfekt
Bei Fragen einfach fragen :wink:

Funktionieren ja, aber kannst Du auch die Tastatur zum schreiben (suche bzw. benennen eigener Shortcuts Seiten) verwenden ohne dass die App abstürzt? Das tut sie nämlich nach IOS15.

1 Like

Ok, das habe ich noch nicht ausprobiert . War schon froh, das die App überhaupt läuft. Das wäre natürlich Mist, wenn‘s nicht mehr geht

iOS 15.3.1 l’app si chiude in background prima di inserire l’indirizzo ip

2 Likes

Wie sieht es mit einer offiziellen Rückmeldung von Steinberg aus? Wird die App noch mal upgedatet? Wenn ja, wann? Das letzte Update ist 4 Jahre her.

Unter IOS 15 ist IC Pro nicht mehr nutzbar. Wenn man versucht etwas einzutippen stürzt die App ab.

1 Like

Wir schauen uns das Thema kommenden Monat an, um Aussagen zur Kompatibilität zu machen.

Danke. Dann hoffen wir, dass ein schneller Fix kommt.

For those who want to use this app and are having trouble on Windows:

While it’s not a fix, one work-around is to install Bonjour on your Windows host machine. This is what the app uses to auto-discover Cubase hosts. With auto-discovery, you don’t need to enter the IP address. The app will discover your Windows host machine so long as it is on the same local network (along with some other criteria.)

2 Likes