Cubase IC Pro on iOS 15 Broken

Thanks for that post. Connecting my wireless keyboard to my iPad worked, but I saw a warning in the iPad settings that using it could cause WiFi or Bluetooth issues. So I connected a USB keyboard to the iPad with a camera kit. Now I can edit the buttons, search, rename, etc. and customize iC Pro without any problems. This has saved me from the hassle of setting up another third party product. I was actually considering a Elgato Stream Deck XL. Now I can keep my money in my pocket. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hi,
There is a strange problem on iPadOS/iOS 16.

1. On my both iPads and iPhone Cubase iC Pro opens only in vertical position and upside down. No attempt to rotate it to horizontal position works, so the basic controls are inaccessible and the app itself is useless.
  2. Independently of the rotation problem Cubase iC works correctly only for projects done on Cubase 12.0.40 and below. Projects on C 12.0.50 make iC Pro hang.
  3. Projects on C 12.0.40 (on Big Sur or Monterey) with iC Pro on iOS 15.x or iPadOS 15.x work totally correctly.
    Conclusion: the problem has two roots: Cubase 12.0.50 and iOS/iPadOS 16. In this configuration Cubase iC Pro is functionally dead.
    Anyone here encountered this problem? Any solutions? To spare your time, everything else rotates as it should, only Cubase iC Pro does not.
    Witold

It seems IC Pro is no longer available on the App Store.

Well that sucks. Guess that tells us all we need to know about support and further development.

Bought a new Iphone 13 and now Cubase IC pro is utterly broken now. Absolute rubbish support from steinberg can I have my money back itā€™s being mis-soldā€¦

After upgrading to iOS 16 Cubase iCPRO stopped working. It is not even found in the App store. Application canceled?

Hi all,

We are sorry about your inconvenience.

Cubase iC Pro will soon be back in the App Store, supporting iOS16/iPadOS 16 and Mac computers with Apple silicon. The update also resolves several user-reported issues.

Best,
Lars

5 Likes

Wow. Very good, and admittedly unexpected, news!
Thanks for the update.
Cheers

1 Like

Using Avid Control instead and itā€™s very good!

Really happy to hear thisā€¦.such a valuable tool, as someone who often tracks their own performances, It makes workflow so much easier!

Thank you for the notification.

1 Like

Hi @MarkRB,

Thank you for your feedback, glad to read this.
Cubase iC Pro will be back in the App Store soonā€¦

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Hi all,

Cubase iC Pro is back on the App Store.
Cubase iC Pro 1.2.3 and Remote SKI 1.1 available (on sale until Jan 9, 2023)

We hope you enjoy using the new update, and would be very glad about your rating and review in the Apple App Store!

Thanks in advance!

Stay safe
& warm greetings,
Lars

2 Likes