Cubase Keeps Shutting Down- graphics2d.dll error 0x80070005

Cubase 11.0.30.419 64bit 2021.8.10 20.07.14.659.dmp (1.2 MB)
Hi Martin,

This is still happening, attached is the latest crash log, I’ve disabled HiDPI support, disabled the onboard graphics, and it is mainly when you are doing MIDI editing, not even in a heavy project. If you start copying/moving etc. it will work for maybe 10 - 20min and then graphical issues happen and then it crashes.

I really don’t know what else to do. Nothing else on the PC is having any issues.

What do you suggest?

getting the same issue and its really putting me off using Cubase anymore. I have a new alienware with a lot of juice with a NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 graphic card

Are you sure it’s really the same problem? This topic is old, and has many participants.

You might find an answer if you post a new topic and post more a crash log, and maybe more info.

Hi Steve,

I am getting the exact same error code and issue related to the graphics.dll as mentioned in the very first post on this thread.

I posted a log 1 day ago in this thread.

I am happy to start a new thread if you think that is better but it’s definitely related I would say given I searched on the error code and this was the thread that came up

1 Like

In my system with that GPU works fine,

Hi,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.
3 Likes

Hi Martin,

My video card doesn’t have a studio driver but I have done all of the above and it is happening less but still happening.

I cannot find the pattern when it happens but I think it might have something to do with the driver being released in the background. If I start the PC without doing anything but Cubase it seems to be ok, but if I use another audio application, close it, and then use Cubase, it seems to happen sometimes. Not a 100% repeatable in steps though.

Hi,

Is your Graphic card supported for Windows 10 and Cubase 11?

Yes, it is an Nvidia Geforce GT 710 with the latest drivers. I don’t know how to check if it’s compatible with Cubase, but it is brand new from only 2 months ago

1 Like

Hi,

This is very useful DAW Components article.

1 Like

Thanks, I meet the requirements. That isn’t the issue I don’t believe as it can work for days and then suddenly happen, there is some conflict.

In my case,that GPU works Fine.
MB, Gigabyte GaB150-HD3P (or similar,I think)
I7 6700K
24GB RAM DDR4
Nvidia GT 710

I have not updated it to the latest driver, because I do not have the pc here with me, but I was running the latest version of the envy driver (only the display driver, there is no studio version) and the latest version of Windows 10

1 Like

OMG, It worked !

1 Like

That’s so great for you!

I’m stuck with waiting to see if Cubase 12 makes any difference, or otherwise I’m going to have to buy a new video card, might have to try AMD just to try to avoid these Nvidia issues.

Hi guys, i have a spanking new PC and spanking Yamaha UR815C since two days, and upgraded from AI to CuBase 11 Artist. I’m experiencing the same crash as this one. I’m devastated, as it obviously cost me a fortune and I haven’t had more than a few hours worth of crash-free usage of CuBase.

Is there anything concrete Steinberg has mentioned? Or a fix?Cubase Artist 11.0.40.446 64bit 2021.10.16 18.31.41.143.dmp (752.5 KB)
Cubase Artist 11.0.40.446 64bit 2021.10.18 18.10.46.536.dmp (949.7 KB)

This is my configuration:

• PSU: Focus GX550 Zero RPM Modular
  • CPU: Intel i5-11600KF 6C/12T 3,9-4,9G
  • MEM: 32GB DDR4 3200 (2x16)
  • DISK 1: 250GB SSD SATA WD 3D
  • DISK 2: 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD Kingston A2000
  • DISK 3: 512GB M.2 NVME PCIe 4.0 SSD Samsung PM9A1
  • ODD: DVD±RW Multi Drive
  • GPU: NVIDIA GT710 1GB DVI/HDMI/VGA

You mean to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers etc?

NVIDIA doesn’t have.a “Studio” driver for the GT710 for Windows 10 64bits it days, only a “Game Ready” driver. So I can’t even try the proposed solution.

Hi,

Then try to do the mentioned process with using the driver, which is available for your Graphic Card.

Hi Mystic,

I had the same issue with the same graphics card, and no matter what I did that graphics card would not work for me either. I tried a GT 1030 as well (as I wanted fanless GPUs) and that wouldn’t work either.

I know people have reported both the GT710 and GT1030 working fine (usually on Intel 10th gen and lower though), but like you I’m on an 11th gen Intel (also a brand new PC just for Cubase), and it appears to me that any Nvidia that does not have studio drivers (which is the GT series) will simply not work with Cubase + 11th gen Intel.

I tried putting in an old GTX (that has studio drivers) and that worked fine, and as the fix I now use the onboard GPU (so there is not GPU fan). I would say Cubase with 11th gen only works with Nvidia GTX and RTX, that is a safer assumption to work with.

Not ideal as a solution, but don’t waste your time trying all the uninstalls, older drivers, etc. it will send you mad. Test with onboard GPU if you can, and alternatively buy a new GPU that is at least GTX to be safe. If the onboard GPU works you know it has to be that GT 710.