Cubase Keeps Shutting Down-

Recently bought Cubase 11 elements and it keeps crashing whenever I try to record anything or use any plug ins. I get the following message;

''The application has to be shut down because of a serious graphic driver related issue.
If this problem persists please write down the following error code and contact Steinberg Technical Support.

Error code = 0x80070005’’

I have a AMD Radeon R7 Graphics graphics card.

AND THEN

I get this message when I start it up again;

‘’ The application was terminated with an error while executing the following file:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 11\graphics2d.dll’’

I’m new to these types of errors, I’m not at my wits end. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Cubase Elements 11.0.0.300 64bit 2020.11.28 19.05.52.571.dmp (478 KB)

Hi and welcome,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-32661. Thank you.

I have exactly the same problem and it makes Cubase 11 unusable

Hi and welcome,

Could you attach your *.crash/dmp file(s), please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi,
I encounter the same problem. Especially when I’m editing with the mouse. The message tells the trouble origins from Cubase 11/graphics2d.dll. I disabled Hi Dpi, but that didn’t work.
I hope there is a solution for this.
I use Cubase 11 Pro. My graphics card is NVidia Geforce GT710.
The latest crashdump file I tried to attach, but the dmp file wasn’t accepted by this program.

I’m glad to see that i am not the only one having this issue… i just contacted steinberg support, i hope they can help me because i have literally no idea how to fix this or where this issue comes from

I have the same problem AMD Radeon RX5700 XT. Happens just playing a project. CUBASE 11 now unu sable. error 0x80-070005 with a message about the graphics issue.(upload://rPULJ1HqzkeI2mPt2oRVBcEJcm3.zip) (247.5 KB)

Hi everyone, a user from the r/cubase reddit community suggested uninstalling the graphics card. All I did was disable it and it worked for me without having to uninstall the drivers. Just going in device manager and disabling my amd driver gives me uninterrupted use of cubase. I don’t even have to restart and then I enable the drivers when I am done. It’s a temporary fix, I haven’t heard from support since my first message. The DAW hasn’t crashed since, I’ve recorded at least 20 projects so far no problem. I suggest going on reddit whenever you have urgent questions. Try disabling the drivers (at your own risk of course). I wish they had a list of graphics cards that actually work with the software so we could just buy those instead.

Goodluck

Thanks for the workaround!

I’ve also had the same issue with my Cubase 11 pro.
And I also couldn’t upload my crash file here.
I have disabled my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and it works fine now.

Hi All,

Another reddit user on r/cubase shared an even better work around. Go on AMD’s website and download the latest drivers for your graphics cards. Install them. After that CUBASE should work without a problem.