Cubase LE/AI 12: free updates for users of previous versions

Hi there. I have got a Cubase 5 LE and I have seen this post on Steinberg in March (can’t add links, so I copy-paste it):

Cubase LE/AI 12: free updates for users of previous versions

All Cubase AI and Cubase LE customers (version 4 or higher) will be able to update to the latest version free of charge after the Cubase 12 release in March 2022.

How does it work?

• Eligible Cubase AI and Cubase LE customers will receive an email with a new Download Access Code within six to eight weeks after the official release of Cubase 12.
  • Cubase AI and Cubase LE customers who are not registered yet will be able to apply for the update on a dedicated landing page to receive the Download Access Code.
  • The Download Access Code must be entered in the Steinberg Download Assistant to add the new license to the MySteinberg/Steinberg ID account of the customer.
  • Customers will then be able to activate Cubase AI 12 and Cubase LE 12 on up to three computers.

But since that time I haven’t recieved any DAC for update and the period of 8 weeks is almost over. Has anyone recieved the e-mail with DAC for free update from previous versions of Cubase to 12 AI? Maybe I need to click some link or write some e-mail to get the DAC for this update?

1 Like

Did you register your licence at your MySteinberg account?

I did. Had a Cubase 11 AI activated and got the email quite some time ago.

1 Like

nothing received here for my various LE licences

1 Like

I got my update code on March 30, 2022.
I haven’t updated yet as I’m concerned that it will screw up my Cubase Pro 11 installation regarding the licences on my Dongle.

Hi,

Cubase Pro free update is something totally different. You got it thanks to Steinberg Grace Period.

Cubase Pro 12 license doesn’t screw up Cubase Pro 11 license.

Hi Martin,
I wasn’t referring to a Cubase Pro free update, I was talking about a Cubase LE update .
I have C11 Pro on my main computer and LE on another one.

I can see My Cubase 5LE License in “eLicenser Control Panel” and on “My Products” Page on Steinberg website as “activated”. Also I use my Cubase 5 LE from time to time… So I suppose - yes. Or there is something else (despite the intallation and activation itself) needed to be registered?

Hi,

Only the license has to be registered.

If you haven’t got an email, get in touch with your local Steinberg support, please.

1 Like

I got an email on 31st of March with the offer for the LE 12 update. I had LE 6 included with a Zoom recorder several years back. First thing to check is that you have the correct email registered with Steinberg and not an old one you no longer use.

1 Like

I also have a properly-registered LE license but have not received any email. This has not happened as described in the notification from March.

1 Like

I’ve decided to wait till 8 weeks pass completely, than I’ll try to contact the local distributor.

Hi,

Please, get in contact with your local distributor and ask for the code. There is no reason to wait. :wink:

I am in the same boat, I have a LE9.5 in my account, but not installed at the moment, but I would like too on a small laptop. How do I contact my local distributor?

Hi,

You can find the list here.

Thanks I created a ticket from MySteinberg (since I live in the Netherlands).

I created a ticked and got an answer 30 minutes later. That was quick! :grinning:

Thanks to you I’ve decided not to wait and have submitted the request to my local Steinberg distributor. Waiting for their reply.

What was their answer?

They simply added the AI 12 licence to my account, and gave me instructions about how to retrieve it.

1 Like