Cubase Pro 11 crashing due to graphics error

I have recently upgraded my computer and since then Cubase crashes after about 5 minutes saying ''The application has to be shut down because of a serious graphic driver related issue.
If this problem persists please write down the following error code and contact Steinberg Technical Support.
Error code = 0x80070005’’.

When I restart Cubase the error reads as “The application was terminated with an error while executing the following file - Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 11\graphics2d.dll”

From searching the forum there seems to be a workaround by disabling the graphics card driver but no solution. Could somebody please have a look at this with the attached dump file and advise if there is a solution, the posts I found were for Nvidia cards not AMD.

Cubase Version: Pro 11.0.41
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
GPU: Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2021.10.31 16.44.33.106.dmp (817.4 KB)
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

This error has been reported already and there are several threads on this topic already. Please continue in this thread, for example.

Thanks Martin.

Is it possible to start creating a known error database with the appropriate tagging to help with searching and is locked down to forum moderators only with the confirmed workarounds or a permanent solution. It would make it so much easier then reading through mixed comments of either trying random things (which is needed to get to a workaround or solution) and comments/discussions focussed on frustration (I just realised the irony as I typed this, sorry lol).

A common issue that seems to be prevalent in the forum is people who use medium to high end graphics cards. Is there anything on the architecture roadmap to take advantage of the processing power of dedicated GPU’s?

It seems that issues can be fixed by setting up Cubase specific profile for the GPU so maybe it could be good to have a thread on known reliable profiles for different GPU’s. Would it be possible to add this topic as a sticky post for people to submit profiles for different GPU’s?

Cheers
Dave

1 Like