Cubase Pro 11 Project Window and Key Editor Grid Issue caused by HiDPI

Thanks Matthias, I appreciate that you took the time to answer all the questions.

About the safe start dialogue, it is a strange request I know, but in my case (and I am not alone) we do know what is causing the problem (acustica audio N4, which crashes Cubase on exit and will not be fixed this year according to the developer) but we continue to use it because we like the sound and learned to live with the crashes. So, an option to disable would be useful. I know several request in this regard have been made.

If I can abuse you patience a little longer, what happened with the new keycommands poll you did a while ago, I and other made sugestions that would make our life a lot easier, and maybe they are failry easy to implement?

thanks again

Hi
has this been resolved in the meantime by any chance? My grid ines are all over the place…in 7, 5 or 4, double etc.
Also, I seem to remember that there was a way to edit bar and subdivision line thickness…but I just can’t find that option anymore. Can anyone point me there?
thanks!

Hi @Bumble_B,
At least to my knowledge the problem wasn’t resolved yet. The integration of the HiDPI
into Cubase goes very slowly… Cubase was one of the very fist that introduced some HiDPI
support, but I suppose it will be the last to fully integrate this option.
In Studio One it was introduced a bit later and the process was completed long ago… almost 2 years
ago.
The Cubase team are mainly focused on new features that most of the people are not going to use. :wink:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Armand,
Nice to see so much improvements in Cubase 12 that had to be added decades ago! :slight_smile:
“Better latter, than never” as the proverb says… :slight_smile:
Thank you all for the hard work! :slight_smile:
I would like to ask you if there are some serious improvements related to the issue in this topic?
It would be nice if the Grid issue at 125% DPI is already fixed. :slight_smile:
Still I didn’t upgrade to Cubase Pro 12. I prefer to wait at least until the first update.

Thank you once again! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Thurisaz

Thanks for your encouraging feedback! I don’t have much good news for you though.

In this very moment I am afraid I cannot promise anything for the year to come regarding the grid issue. In this regard, we genuinely hope that Windows systems slowly move overall towards rounded scaling factors such as on Mac systems. This would make the life of everyone easier.

Cubase comes now with major and minor improvements, for instance anti-aliased waveforms.

The next step is still to iteratively replace our bitmap icons with a vectorized alternative. This is ongoing and improvements are done every version that comes.

Regards,
Armand