Cubase Pro 8.5.15 Slow graphics performance

Hi.

I recently upgraded from cubase 7.5 to cubase 8.5 i am happy with the audio performance but the GUI is really slow and laggy. Zooming and Scrolling is lagging like crazy. The more tracks are visible the more it lags. I even upgraded the graphics card but the issue is still present. At this point cubase is almost unusable at my work.

My Configuration

Mac Pro with El Capitan 10.11.3 (15D21)

Processor: 2 x 2,66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 16 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2048 MB
Interface: Waves DiGiGrid MGO

Is this a known issue or can anyone help me to fix this ?

Thanx.

Hi. Have you tried to use “Steinberg Power Scheme”?
It may help your processing power, memory and probably the GPU.
Hope it helps.
All the best :slight_smile:

The list of graphics issues on my system is horrendous:

• cursor disappears.
  • outline box when highlighting parts doesn’t show.
  • white screen when clicking on audio or midi parts.
  • white screen when clicking on vst’s (effects and synths).
  • drag and drop is invisible.
  • continual crashes.

All was running fine until last week since November last year.
Support ticket taken out but no response.
Creativity is out the window. :frowning:
Please sort this out Steinberg.

Update. Can’t even get it to open now before it crashes

The Steinberg Power Scheme option is present only in Windows. I am using Mac :frowning:

Hi! I have the same problems in El Capitan on my Mac Pro 3.1 eight cores( nvidea quadra fx4800) and also my MacBook Pro middle 2012 has this bugs. Slow zoom and scroll. If I have more audio tracks it has more slow slow and slow. I tried cubase 8 on El Capitan it is normal-no such bags. Cubase 8.5 on Mavericks also normal. So,maybe someone from steinberg help us and make update)))

I can confirm the same behaviour here, very very slow ! I remember when i had Cubase SX3 on Windows that was blazing fast. I’m on the Mac as well, El Capitan.

Hi, same problem here.

I noticed big lag with the graphics, especially in the editors (particularly noticed it in Sample Ediotr).

GeForce GT 730, El Capitan 10.11.4
I didn’t have this in Yosemite.

16GB DDR3 RAM
Intel i7, 4th generation

Same here in Cubase and Nuendo (El Capitan)

Hi))) :wink:
Today i have a video,especially for guys from steinberg!!!Maybe they will help with it)
Very slow zoom in and zoom out with audio tracks in project !!!
Here
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8bXk/G4q5JYr42

Can confirm here 10.11.3 Macbook Pro

Especially with any sort of monitoring plugin with a reactive display

Also crash on exit - why is this still going on?

I can confirm as well ! i’m on PC : Intel Core i7 3820 4Ghz, with GTX460 !!!
It’s unbelievable … new features, new things, etc … but more problems behind !
I’m so pissed off right now ! I bought Cubase 6.5 , Pro 8 and now Pro 8.5, and it’s getting worse !!! (this and other problems … like my Mackie MCU, which doesn’t work anymore … but it’s for an other topic)

Yep, shocking here.

fresh format and direct install of 10.11.4

and cubase 8.5.15

clicking parts and then clicking in an empty space to de select them, has a 1 second delay!

Pro tools is also absymal on el capitan with graphics refresh… so there is something wrong here… as logic seems to be the only one that has snappy graphics…

I think a yosemite downgrade might have to happen… it makes cubase more or less unusable.

Compared to 6.5, 8.5 graphics are horror, from the start to the end. Lag, lag, lag on Windows 7 machine. 6.5 is lightnig fast graphically. Aero use is soo bad. Even minimizing and maximizing sessions is tricky. I’d like it simple, flexible, fast and non tricky. I like the realtime sound of 8.5, I find it better than 6.5 but graphically is a big fail. The new mixer is far more flexible, but looks and feel like a toy, hard to follow. I like that in 8.5.2 they repaired the appearance for full hd monitors, at least now the workspace have correct dimensions.

Just a quick one. I’m on a Mac Pro 5,1 and have upgraded to a 12 Core 3.33ghz. Cubase 8.5.20.

I have just experience horrendous GFX slow downs. I am using a GTX960.

I just disabled the Control Room and everything worked perfectly again. The Click wasn’t working through the Control Room for me earlier as well so I wonder if there are any bugs with the Control Room? Shame cause I love using it but perhaps try disabling it and see if it helps?

Hi All

just moved from Mavericks to El Capitan. Using the same version of Cubase and all plugins. There is a noticeable graphics refresh slow down when just having a couple of plugins open. When automating some plugins the redraw very slow with the position marker jumping a bar or more at a time.

using a mac pro 6 core 3.33. The difference is very obvious, it just doesn’t look happy on El Cap.

Anyone any idea of an update?

cheers

Al

Poor Poor performance with cubase 8.5 on mac Yosemite. Even worst with cubase 9! I cant use my Cubase 9! NOP! back to 8.5 because of POOOOR Graohics. My meters move like 3 Frame per sec. No Plugin inserted YET :blush:

Confirmed here as well.
Graphics are super slow!! And i can’t reach anyone at steinberg because they are reffering me to this local shop that has no clue what im talking about. :cry:

Video of proof: Cubase 9 graphics problem - YouTube

I’m running Cubase Pro 9 and getting about 1 second of lag when clicking on parts in the arrangement. Resizing parts, dragging and selecting is quite slow and annoying.

Ticket submitted.

OSX Sierra on MacBook Pro 15" Touchbar 2.9Ghz, 16 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB.

It’s highly annoying. When I use the Shift G and H Key commands, the Data in the events doesn’t Disappear. When I Click, hold and drag in ruler, everything disappears for a while. It makes editing tiresome!