My opinion is that there’s not much point in having analysis if it’s not analyzing correctly; there’s not much point in being able to edit something if you can’t then render it, and from what you were demonstrating, there doesn’t seem much point in having a snap on/off if it’s still moving in random jumps rather than smoothly.
Yes, I certainly do, and I’m sorry you feel that way but I didn’t say they were mumbo jumbo, I said that in this situation they were mostly a bit of a red herring, ie. a distraction. I have used null tests plenty of times, when they were relevant. In this context that was only to see whether two files which should have been quite different were identical or merely very similar. They showed the files were identical except the ‘edited’ files had a 2ms fade at either end, which is probably what you were asking about earlier, and which showed that some processing had occurred but certainly no pitch correction. If two files are 30-40 cents apart I don’t need anything but my ears to tell me they are different. I do not need a null test, in fact it would be utterly pointless.
If you read some of the other comments, or this post: Issue: Vari-Audio pitch correction off after Bouncing it’s quite clear the rendering issue is not ‘exclusive’ to me.
I already have provided you with a project with audio which showcases the issue, twice in fact. It took me a couple of hours or so to put it together and I did so out of politeness and respect for the fact that you were engaging, not because I felt it would be of any use. If it wasn’t what you wanted/needed then perhaps it would have been a good idea to answer my multiple requests to be specific about what you wanted.
I did not make the original post because I needed people to confirm if I was right or in the hope that someone might have a solution. I know there is a problem, Steinberg have admitted to it and I’m sure if there was a workaround they would have told me.
I made this post to warn people they were working with software which they shouldn’t rely on to be doing what they think it is, and that in certain circumstances it may make things worse rather than better, so be careful. And that warning goes out especially to anyone who may feel less than confident in their own pitch sensitivity and think they might be better off snapping everything to 0 cents to be safe. You are NOT safe.
What you or anyone else does with that information, or whether you believe it or not is entirely up to you.