Cubase VCA Bug Still remains

Since Cubase 8 (if I remember), the VCA function had a new update: an automation line created for every linked track, it is useful for users who want to release the automation VCA but still want to keep them for every single track, however this is why the known issue happened. This automation line won’t remember the original volume of every linked track, it just affects to the last volume it noticed. So every time we open the project, all the volume of linked track has dropped to the smallest value. For example, if we try to automate VCA, starting at -10dB, when we close and open the project again, all linked track will be gain down 10 compare to our original mixed.
The admins and mods, suggest us to create 1 automation knob for every linked track to keep their value unchanged, it is just a workaround, can’t be a solution, because doing this, we are also impossible to modify those track during mixing.
I think it will be the best solution for this case, if Steinberg keep another VCA function Called “Traditional DCA” which won’t create any automation line for every linked track, as it was without issue several years ago.
I hope someone from developers team read it. VCA tracks is still useless to me and many other users till now.

Cheers,

3 Likes