Here is the list of what’s new in the 1.8 update. It is the biggest update so far. And it’s free!
- MIDI CC’s, program changes, aftertouch support
- Mixer side global control panel
- Phase inversion plug-in (for audio channels)
- Redesigned effect rack
- Audiobus 2.0 support
- The sustain pedal is now recorded as MIDI events (All sustain pedal problems solved!).
- The mod wheel is now recorded as MIDI events.
- Color-coded inspector nodes for automation, inserts and sends were added.
- The pitch bend range behaviour has been adapted to match Cubase. MicroSonic pitch bend range is configurable per track in the Inspector.
- Pitch bend wheel movement is visible when playing back pitch bend events.
- Audiobus 2.0 support.
CB-1519 Scrolling the list of available Inter-App Audio effects now works as expected.
CB-1557 Freezing a muted or soloed track no longer leads to wrong mute/solo button behaviour.
CB-1218 Recording of pitch bend events now works as expected.
CB-1506 Polyphony setting no longer affects metronome playback.
CB-1508 A problem that occurred when inserting Inter-App Audio effects that feature MIDI input has been solved.
CB-1511 Event names that contain special characters will now be displayed correctly.
CB-1507 Playback of events that contain notes of length zero no longer result in hanging notes.
CB-1514 Fixes a problem where monitoring of audio tracks did not work as expected.
CB-1515 Inter-App Audio effects are no longer disconnected when they go silent.
CB-1529 Input clipping indicators now work as expected.
CB-1530 Track freeze of audio events has been corrected when being used with overlapping parts.
CB-1604 Fixes an issue where after undo or redo too many tracks were record-enabled.
CB-783 Gain related effect parameters no longer crackle when they are modified during playback.
CB-1705 Performing a mixdown of a 96 kHz project during playback no longer leaves reverb tail at mixdown start.
Here is an extract of the Cubasis 1.8 manual. This extract shows how automation (and MIDI cc’s) works and what to expect in Cubasis 1.8:
You need the Cubasis project importer 1.5 to open your projects in Cubase. You can find the pre-release on:
RATE THE APP
If you like the update don’t forget to rate the app in iTunes!