Cubasis 1.9.5 update available / Special launch price

I wish that Steinberg would pay some attention to the question of transferring projects (track) to and fro between Cubase/Nuendo and Cubasis. Steinberg appears to assume that everyone starts their projects in Cubasis and then transfers them to Cubase/Nuendo. I hardly ever do! I mainly use Cubasis as a remote recording complement to Cubase.

That means that I need to:

1. Manually render all Instrument/MIDI tracks, Group tracks, FX tracks, etc (as “stems”) in Cubase.
  2. Manually transfer these audio files to Cubasis.
  3. Manually rebuild the project in Cubasis.

After I’ve done the location recording, I need to:
4. Manually render the newly recoded tracks to “stems” in Cubasis.
5. Manually transfer the audio files to my computer.
6. Manually import the audio files into Cubase.
7. “Clean up” the tracks (i.e. removing excess silence).

All this is very tedious and labour intensive, and could very easily be automated by a “Round Trip” feature in Cubase/Nuendo/Cubasis. I suggest the following:
Add a Export Project to Cubasis menu item in Cubase/Nuendo. This would:

1. perform a Render-in-Place on all tracks that needed it (MIDI/Instrument, Group, FX).
  2. Transfer all required tracks to Cubasis.
  3. Build a Cubasis project.

When tracks are recorded or edited in Cubasis, they are marked as such.

Add a Return to Cubase option in Cubasis. This would:

1. This would transfer all audio files that are marked as new recordings or edited back to the computer. Ignoring all unchanged audio files.
  2. Import the audio files into Cubase and add tracks and parts as needed. It should be a user setting to determine if edited tracks results in the parts being replaced or a new track added.

I’ve posted a poll here, so that you can voice your opinion: