Cubasis 3.4.1 available

Dear all,

First of all, I hope you and yours are well!

Thank you very much for your overwhelming feedback about our previous Cubasis 3.4 release.

Today, I’m very glad to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 3.4.1 which includes solutions to many user-reported problems, alongside adding further improvements.

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Get Cubasis on Google Play

We hope you will enjoy the new update!

If you do, please support us by rating Cubasis in the App Store and on Google Play!

Stay safe
& enjoy being creative!

Best wishes,
Lars

3 Likes

What’ New in Cubasis 3.4

Cubasis 3.4.1 - Version History Comp.pdf (626.5 KB)

NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
CBT-3016 MIDI Learn is now available for chord buttons.
CBT-3058 MIDI Learn now correctly differentiates drum pads and chord pads.

STABILITY
CBT-3049 Using minimum latency no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CBT-3089 Addresses various problems which can render Cubasis unreliable.
CBT-2889 Resolves a problem where loading projects can render Cubasis unreliable.

ARRANGE WINDOW AND INSPECTOR
CBT-3032 Fixes a major problem where the MIDI output routing to all channels can get lost.
CBT-3023 Resolves an issue where audio events had an invisible fade-in at the beginning of the cycle.
CBT-3056 Time-stretching and pitch-shifting changes are no longer ignored during playback of a fade-out.
CBT-3085 Tracks no longer remain silent when starting playback at the end of time-stretched audio events.
CBT-3055 Resolves a problem where placing the playhead in a fade-out leads to wrong playback position when scrubbing is enabled.
CBT-3075 Fixes an issue where MIDI output of tracks assigned to no instrument skip notes at the cycle start.
CBT-3009 Resolves a rare phenomenon where a MIDI event cannot be selected.
CBT-3007 Resolves a problem where dragging MIDI files onto a track can lead to notes being displayed incorrectly.
CBT-3070 Fixes an issue where importing an audio file which had been in the project before, can lead to unwanted results.
CBT-2817 Resolves a rare phenomenon where audio events appear empty or crossed-out in the track list.

INSTRUMENTS AND EFFECTS
CBT-3029 Side-chaining works as expected again when using muted input tracks.
CBT-3025 Resolves a problem where side-chaining is not applied when freezing a track.
CBT-3057 Addresses a problem where the first note of an audio unit instrument is ignored during playback.
CBT-3034 Resolves a phenomenon where using Microsonic, MiniSampler or Classic Machines can lead to distorted sounds.
CBT-3033 Resolves a problem where stopping the playback can lead to hanging notes on MIDI output.
CBT-3030 Resolves a problem where stopping the playback of MIDI effects with multiple outputs can lead to hanging notes.
CBT-3036 Resolves an issue where sustain (CC64) over MIDI output gets stuck when stopping playback.
CBT-3051 Fixes an issue where syncing Cubasis with StepPolyArp fails to work as expected.
CBT-3042 Tapping cycle with MIDI effect Atom Piano Roll 2 no longer triggers notes indefinitely.
CBT-3000 Addresses a visual issue where using Audio Unit plugins in fullscreen mode can lead to the menu bar being covered.
CBT-3020 Fixes a visual issue where some effect knobs were labeled incorrectly after opening the effect.

MEDIABAY (MIXDOWN)
CBT-3013 Creating separate files for tracks in mixdown no longer results in silent audio files.
CBT-3044 Creating separate files for tracks in mixdown now properly includes send effects.
CBT-3045 Creating separate files for tracks in mixdown now works as expected with group tracks.
CBT-3043 Track freeze no longer mixes up mute/solo states if a track was soloed.
CBT-3024 Addresses an issue where real-time mixdown can lead to incorrect results if multi-core is enabled.

MISCELLANEOUS
CBT-3091 Resolves a problem, where the playhead cannot be properly positioned in the audio editor.
CBT-3001 Cubasis LE: Fixes an issue where loading a Cubasis LE project can fail in certain situations.
CBT-3035 Cubasis LE: MIDI CC events can now be quantised, pasted or deleted as expected.

5 Likes

Hello, with these last two updates I can’t open more than one auv3 app, the DSP and CPU start to reach 100%, I can’t even slide through the interface because the audio starts to cut out, please I wait for a solution.
Cubasis 3 was working fine on my iPad 4 mini, but now with these 2 updates not anymore.
Thanks.

Hi @Edward_Solis,

Thank you for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum.

Please give it a try to set “Latency” to 5 ms, enable “Multicore” and set “Guard Buffer” to “Default”.

Does this help to resolve the problem?

If so, you might give it a try to change settings back individually to see which to keep enabled/disabled etc.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hey Lars! Thanks again for the great speedy update. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. My Bluetooth playback is horrible is there a setting or something I’m missing? It’s very scratchy sounding.

Hi @PUMP,

Thanks for your message.

Hey Lars! Thanks again for the great speedy update. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. My Bluetooth playback is horrible is there a setting or something I’m missing? It’s very scratchy sounding.

Please check the following steps:

• Please connect your Bluetooth device to the iPad
  • Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button

If required, please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

Does this help to resolve the problem?

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

Did not help it actually seems to be getting worse lol. I’m using my cars Bluetooth to listen to my music will driving. It used to work great now it’s the only app I’m having trouble with. For some reason it’s trying to register as a phone I believe. When I turned blue tooth audio on it said cellphone disconnected and disconnects the car. When I don’t have Bluetooth audio on its really scratchy and sounds really bad. There’s something really weird going on I recorded a few things from my phone if it would help let me know where to send them.

Hi @PUMP,

There is an important final step to go to “Setup/Project” and reselect the project sample rate (mentioned in my previous reply).

Please follow the exact steps (including reselecting the project sample rate) and let me have your feedback.

Thanks
Lars

Hi @laura_ro,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much, I had the same problem and I have been able to solve it.

Glad to read this, thank you!

Best,
Lars

Still isn’t working. I’ve tried it all.

Hi ! For now i know 2 workarounds for the samplerate issue when using Bluetooth Audio :

Launch Cubasis 3 via Audiobus or AUM

or

Try to follow these steps : Sennheiser Momentum 3 Audio Quality - #15 by electrafa

:v:

Hi,
I bought new phone realme gt2 with SD888 CPU and android 12 and i’m experincing very bad performance in Cubasis 3.4.1. even in simple operation cpu spikes to 100%. On my old one with SD860 and android 11 everything works fine. I’ ve tried different settings but nothing works.
What can be issue?

Thanks.

Hi @Pavel_Krejca,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the performance of Cubasis for Android fully depends on the Android device in use.

We’ve tried our best to summarise all Android-related questions in the following article:

Alongside, please check if our dedicated Android Performance article is of additional help:

In addition, our freely downloadable Cubasis LE 3 Trial version enables users to give a smaller feature set of Cubasis a test drive with their given Android devices, before making a purchase decision about Cubasis for Android.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe,
Lars

Put some grid lines in! Or transparent events. Exactly how cubasis 2 was. Not sure why it’s not fixed by now. Prob should have been one of the first things that should have been coded. It’s super fundamental

I literally have to downgrade and pay for cubasis 2