Cubasis 3.6 and New Instruments available

Dear all,

First of all, I hope you are well.

We are very glad to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 3.6 for iOS, Android and Chrome OS.

Cubasis 3.6 adds four exciting, unique instruments, which are powered by Steinberg’s HALion and will take your compositions to a whole new level.

Download Cubasis on the App Store
Get Cubasis on Google Play

Let your creativity flow while playing the beautiful LoFi Piano, create epic tracks with our all-new HALion Sonic Selection music workstation, explore FM synthesis in depth with our outstanding FM Lab-based Neo FM and FM Classics instruments. In addition, Cubasis 3.6 adds several new features and improvements, making sure you never miss a creative when inspiration strikes.

To celebrate the arrival of these new instruments, HALion Sonic Selection, FM Classics and Neo FM will initially be offered at a 25% discount on the regular price, ending on Jan 8, 2024.

Below please find all details about the release. Also, please make sure to check out the dedicated clips, where Dom Sigalas shows all the aspects of the great new instruments releases.

We hope you will enjoy Cubasis 3.6, and are excited to hear what you’ll create using LoFi Piano, HALion Sonic Selection, Neo FM and FM Classics!

Please support us by rating Cubasis in the App Store and on Google Play!

Stay safe and enjoy being creative,
Lars

Cubasis 3.6, new instrument IAPs and VH.pdf (3.0 MB)

7 Likes

Cubasis 3.6 | Instruments Go Mobile

2 Likes

LoFi Piano (FREE)
Enjoy this outstanding instrument, which features uniquely beautiful LoFi piano sounds, which are perfect for musicians, producers and beatmakers. Based on an upright acoustic piano, recorded with carefully selected vintage gear, LoFi Piano provides you with a gritty blend of contemporary and vintage piano sounds, with the option to instantly tweak them to your taste via six simple effects.

• Beautifully tape-saturated piano for Cubasis
• Six lofi-inspired effects for tunes with a dusty ambience
• Free with Cubasis 3.6

HALion Sonic Selection (Cubasis IAP)
Create professional-sounding tracks on the go with HALion Sonic Selection, the ultimate music creation workstation for Cubasis. Be ready when inspiration strikes and choose your perfect sound from a cutting-edge XXL library of 1100+ world-class, pro-grade instruments, suitable for any genre. Instantly tweak your instruments sounds to perfection, via eight fast and easy-to-use controls.

• Your music creation workstation for Cubasis
• Cutting edge library of 1100+ instruments for any genre
• Eight controls for quick and easy sound editing

Neo FM (Cubasis IAP)
Be inspired by playing this superb library of next-generation FM synthesis sounds, covering earth-shattering basses, crystal-clear leads, atmospheric pads, arpeggiated pulsating sounds, and much more. Neo FM is based on Steinberg’s acclaimed FM Lab instrument and includes 300+ cutting-edge presets, each with eight intuitive controls to quickly and easily tweak your sounds.

• A next-generation FM synth for Cubasis
• 300+ cutting-edge presets for modern music creation

FM Classics (Cubasis IAP)
Yamaha’s legendary DX7 remains one of the best-selling synthesizers in history. Back in the golden 1980s there was hardly any worldwide chart-topper which didn’t use at least one of the remarkable trademark DX7 sounds, which have returned to enhance today’s pop music. Enjoy yourself playing all the classic DX7 and TX81Z factory sounds, which match the originals as closely as it’s possible to get, paired with a beautifully crafted and easy to use DX-like user interface.

• Classic FM synth for Cubasis
• 250+ ultimate DX7 and TX81Z factory sounds

3 Likes

Additional New Features and Improvements

Arrange Window

• CBT-3560 Audio event fade-ins to less than 100% gain no longer crackle during the fading phase.
  • CBT-3514 Fixes a random issue, where playing audio tracks while recording does not work as expected.
  • CBT-3569 Fixes a rare problem, where the arranger view is not properly recalled after a project has been loaded.
  • CBT-3504 Resolves an issue where manually time-stretching multiple events leaded to unwanted resizing results.
  • CBT-3493 MIDI track names are now properly updated after reassigning an instrument.
  • CBT-3537 Resolves a rare problem where drag and drop of an audio file from another iOS app rendered Cubasis unreliable.
  • CBT-3505 Setup option added to permanently show the add/remove track bar above the track list.
  • CBT-3533 Inspector now highlights the currently opened effect.
  • CBT-2853 Resolves a problem with complex projects, where playback may lag when recording has stopped.
  • CBT-2843 Auto-quantized notes at the cycle start are now properly recorded and played back.

Mixer, Instruments & Effects

• CBT-296 Optional dark on-board keyboard mode added to the Keys/Pads setup section.
  • CBT-3503 Velocity sensitivity of on-screen keyboard is now scaled correctly.
  • CBT-3651 Changing the the tempo of the Micrologue ARP IAP now works as expected.
  • CBT-3564 Resolves an issue where “no multi-output AUs” was visible in the MediaBay if an audio track was selected.
  • CBT-3465 Resolves an issue where the preset state of an Audio Unit instrument was not properly saved.
  • CBT-3521 The Hub no longer freezes when loading a project containing Inter-App Audio plug-ins.
  • CBT-3461 Routing an AU plug-in to another MIDI track no longer results in skipped or shortened notes.
  • CBT-2680 Resolves an issue with some AU MIDI effects where notes were skipped.
  • CBT-3660 Resolves a problem where MIDI effects remain silent after the keyboard is closed.
  • CBT-3513 MIDI track I/O to/from other track now properly updates the track name.
  • CBT-3498 Tapping on a mixer channel`s output number now opens the output selection popup as expected.
  • CBT-3499 Selecting input channels 17 - 24 on iPhone now works as expected.
  • CBT-3638 The active page button in MasterStrip is now correctly highlighted.

Editors

• CBT-3545 Resolves an issue where the MIDI editor shows a wrong ruler range after opening an event.
  • CBT-3619 Drawing MIDI program change value 0 now works as expected.
  • CBT-3618 MIDI editor program change value label is now properly displayed in all views.
  • CBT-3522 Tapping and holding on an empty area in the MIDI editor now shows the selection rectangle, even if a tool is enabled.
  • CBT-3501 Fixes a graphical issue, where the “note ends” button in quantize popup had the wrong state.
  • CBT-3509 When pasting MIDI CC data into another CC value the pasted data is now properly highlighted.
  • CBT-3596 Moving multiple notes in the MIDI editor now plays an audible preview.

Miscellaneous

• CBT-2813 Public beta feature addition: Up to 64/64 physical inputs and outputs (depending on hardware in use).
  • CBT-525 Custom view height changes are now properly remembered for all views.
  • CBT-490 Views snap to their default height when resizing.
  • CBT-3500 Fixes a rare problem where importing a Cubasis 2 project containing Arabic characters failed to load.
  • CBT-3490 Creating stems of projects containing a group track now works as expected.
  • CBT-3652 The display of dropdowns containing lots of entries has been greatly improved.
  • CBT-3447 Dropdown menus are now properly displayed on iPad mini 6 in Tablet XL mode.
  • CBT-2887 Fixes an issue where text in a popup was wider than the popup itself.
  • CBT-3572 Sorting the MediaBay by date column no longer ignores the creation time.
  • CBT-3532 Resolves an issue where date and time were displayed in long instead of short format in the MediaBay.
  • CBT-3610 Autoplay button is now disabled when selecting a preset without autoplay.
  • CBT-3646 Resolves a rare issue where loading a Format 1 MIDI file failed.
  • CBT-3653 Double tap on a knob to reset its value now works as expected.
  • CBT-3539 Cubasis now displays a message when a call or an alarm stops recording on iOS.
  • CBT-3650 Importing projects with audio files that were zipped manually on macOS now works correctly.
  • CBT-3659 Importing projects from zip files that contain subfolders now works as expected.
  • CBT-3556 Elastique lib has been updated to version 3.4.2.
  • CBT-3672 Added a MIDI Learn preset for ESI Xjam.
  • CBT-3595 The shop now indicates that a purchase is being processed after tapping a purchase button.

Android

• CBT-3531 Latency setup option has been added on Android.
  • CBT-3536 The Android version now informs you if microphone access is impossible.
  • CBT-3648 Android file permissions are now correctly set for all files that are saved.
  • CBT-3508 Importing zip files on Android now works as expected.
  • CBT-3543 Resolves an issue where importing factory audio files rendered Cubasis unreliable on Android.
  • CBT-3555 Resolves a problem where projects were not properly saved on Android when quitting the app.
  • CBT-3520 Fixes an issue on Android and Chrome OS, where enabling monitoring resulted in feedback noise.
2 Likes

Just purchased the three new content packs for Cubasis 3.6. Download worked fine on iPad Pro (6th generation) with IOS 17.2. Restored purchases fine on iPhone 15 Pro Max with IOS 17.2. However, download fails on the iPhone – there is solid internet connectivity, plenty of available disk space (400+ GB). Rebooted the iPhone- no difference. Not sure why the iPad downloads the three new content packs ok and the iPhone does not, consistently displaying an error message. Also submitted a support ticket.

2 Likes

Must have been a connectivity issue - using a VPN into Germany downloaded fine. Without the VPN, couldn’t get the content packs to download on the iPhone. Xfinity 1.4 GBPS service here, that works well. Strange…

Hi @emasters,

Thanks for your updated message. So, you’ve been able to resolve the issue yourself, correct?

Thanks
Lars

Yeah, I have the “make sure that you are connected to the internet and have enough space available” after buying the halion pack, I have 85gb left so no issues there and got the lofi piano pack straight after. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I cannot download this software package after purchasing HALion Sonic Selection. There is enough memory on the iPad Air 4 (256Gb) and the internet connection is stable.
The download stops after 1 - 2 seconds.

Will Cubasis LE also be updated to 3.6? I have Cubasis LE 3.5 with the subsequent activation to the “full version”, but I can’t (yet?) find Cubasis LE 3.6 in the Appstore…
Or - even better - can the LE version somehow be switched to a “no-LE” version?
Thank you very much,
Hartmut

Hi @essmx101, Hi @Nai,

Have you been able to resolve your download problem in the meantime? If not you may give it a try to restart your router and the device.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi @Hartmut

Cubasis LE 3.6 has been updated and released at the same time.
Technically it is not possible to switch Cubasis LE into a Cubasis version.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Hi @essmx101

Have you been able to resolve your download problem? If not you may give it a try to restart your router and device?

Thanks
Lars

Sorry if I’m missing something but I can’t find any specs about new instruments libraries space requirements on hard disk…
Thanx,
Art

Hi @arfo1962

Thanks for your message!

HALion Sonic Selection - 1.8 GB
FM Classics - 25 MB
Neo FM - 25 MB
LoFi Piano - 43 MB

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi

I’ve tried the restart and WiFi but I’m at work so I’ll try when I get back. I’ll reply if I’m successful or not!

Thanks once again!

1 Like

Thank you @LSlowak,
it definitely helps; do you confirm me it’s not showed anywhere? In case it could be helpful to know that before purchasing (I read some people speaking of free space and I worried about it…)
Art

Hi, another newbie who can’t download the Halion Sonic selection.
I have plenty of room on my iPad Air.

Hi @arfo1962

Glad to read it helped!
The download sizes are displayed in the Cubasis in-app shop (see below).

Warm greetings,
Lars