Cubasis 3 - Known Issues

Hi lars,

Thanks for your great work on Cubasis 3!

I just want to ask if it’s normal behaviour that when I try to use my wireless headphones the the sound seems to be very LoFi even if I select the headphones in list.

Maybe should update your Bluetooth version?

Important for me to be able to compose on the go just with Bluetooth headphones.

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your message.

Please check these steps, to connect your BT headphone to Cubasis:

• Please make sure BT is enabled in the iOS settings, and that the headphone is paired
  • Go to “Setup/Audio”
  • Enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the button

If the problem persists, please go to “Setup/Project” and re-select the sample rate setting.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Lars

Currently taking between 10 and 12 seconds for the forum to open. At least now I know to just hit it and wait.

I have an issue to report.

When using AirPods Gen 2 on a 10.5 iPad Pro 2 gen, the playback rate seems to be reduced significantly making everything sound octaves lower. Both MIDI and audio tracks are affected. With the AirPods connected playback will also still be through speakers. If unplugging the AirPods playback goes back to normal.

Behavior is consistent.

Not sure where to put this. Export project and end of midi file is inaccessible. Only way to view it is to add a note past the end of the file by 4+ bars and zoom in and scroll. Let me know if this is more a C10.5 issue.

Also mixing down a single track (not sure about a mix) with the fx tail included adds a crazy amount to the file. For example I just mixed down a midi track and the file was over double the length it should be. 49mb compared to 113mb.

v3.01

Hi Sibben,

Please check these steps, to connect your BT headphone to Cubasis:

• Please make sure BT is enabled in the iOS settings, and that the headphone is paired
  • Go to “Setup/Audio”
  • Enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the button

If the problem persists, please go to “Setup/Project” and re-select the sample rate setting.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Lars

Lars,

Thanks for the help.

Sebastian

MIDI EDITING AND INSTABILITY: In another thread, I posted that Cubasis3 is UNUSABLE. Especially with MIDI. Performance deteriorates dramatically after opening the MIDI editor and making any changes. The playback control REGULARLY stops functioning, sometimes leading to the entire app not responding. That’s a deal breaker, force quitting just to stop playback. Extremely irritating.

GARBLED MIDI EXPORT: I also noticed that I couldn’t properly export to MIDI (MIXDOWN to MIDI). I am trying to collaborate with two other people using Garageband on Mac. (It gets complicated with me on iOS, Cubasis and others on GB and Logic… so stems rule!) On my first two attempts, the resultant MIDI file contained one of the original MIDI master tracks, not the edited and glued MIDI track. I isolated the track by muting all the other tracks, as I do in C2. So… I went back and created a new project containing ONLY the edited contiguous MIDI track that I wanted to export and NO other elements, this time I ended up with a TOTALLY GARBLED MIDI track. The resulting track is many times longer with seemingly random notes. It’s so long that the timeline cannot show the increments at top. In the attached pic, the C3 exported MIDI track is at top. The botton track is how it should’ve looked. (I re-record the MIDI track via Cubasis’ excellent MIDI route features; from C3>C2, with C3 exporting MIDI clock, although I’m not sure they actually locked.)

Is anyone else having trouble with MIXDOWN out to MIDI on C3?

2018 Ipad Pro 10.5, iOS 13.31
Garageband 10.3.4
Mojave 10.14.6

Hi kanegon,

If possible, please avoid double posts!

In another thread, I posted that Cubasis3 is UNUSABLE.

This should definitely not be the case.
Please share a project with a short step description with us (Dropbox DL via private message), so we can have a look at the issue.

Best wishes,
Lars

I’m experiencing an issue with volume differences between the tracks that I’m mixing and the mixed down version. Are others experiencing this? As I listen to my mix in progress, the volume level seems good, but upon mixing down, the level drops by a few decibels.

Hello Lars, my HArdware is a IPad Pro 12,9 - -2018. I Exported a Midifile made with Maschine MK 2 out of Logic 10.4.8 then via Airdrop direct into Cubasis 3 MediaBay. When i try to drag into the Project then CUBASIS 3 Crashes.

What’s wrong there?

I need help please.

Gruß Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Are you able to share the Machine MK 2 MIDI file with me (Dropbox download link via PM), so we can have a look?

Thanks,
Lars

I have updated to 3.1 and sometimes some plugins dont load. It comes up with a message like “one or more audio units or iaa did not load”. It doesnt say which ones or where they are in my project.
Is there a way i can find out which ones are causing the problem each time i load a project? My load times have increased greatly because of this.

I think ive found the issue is iaa plugins. Something in the latest update has made them less welcome. Is there any way of going back to the previous version where iaa worked?

I’ve been having the same issue with previous versions of Cubasis, where the transport controls freeze up and I’m unable to stop playback. I’ve gone through great lengths to conserve memory and CPU/DSP during my sessions with my 2018 iPad Pro, but it still occurs very frequently. I’ve made sure to freeze tracks, deactivate EFXs, etc.

Oddly, while I can’t stop playback I’m still able to do many other mixing, mediabay, and various other functions while it’s stuck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think ive found the issue is iaa plugins. Something in the latest update has made them less welcome. Is there any way of going back to the previous version where iaa worked?

Hi Msirt,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that we’ve just added a pop-up message to notify our users, when plug-ins are not loaded.
In other words, you’ve probably experienced this before 3.1 too, but there was no pop-up message.

Please check the 3rd party effects and instruments used in your project, if these are properly loaded.
If not, please give reloading your project a try, and check if the 3rd party instruments/effects properly load themselves (via starting the individual apps).

Best,
Lars

Hi,
i have just updated from Version 2 to Cubasis 3.
Now its not more possible with a selectet Midi Instrument to Transpose all under Setting-Keys/Pads to -1 Semitone. All above 1 is no Problem, but below if anything is played on Internal Keys its result to a high G8 Tone. Cubasis 2 is currently also installed, same setting work fine. I had Cubasis 3 new installed, no changes. Is this a new Bug? I have no Idea what is wrong.

Just a Picture with location of Transpose

Tested also on Iphone, Cubase or any addons was never installed on this device, but same issue. For sure a Bug, Same feature is no Problem under Cubasis 2.

Hi Mandrox,

Thanks for your message.
The issue will be addressed in the upcoming Cubasis 3.1.2 update, soon to be released.

Best,
Lars

Cubasis 3 still switching follow off constantly.

i cant use my externel keyboard only with touch on my other i can record add a track etc please add thanks also wold love to see markers and all kind of midi exporting thanks