Cubasis 3 - Known Issues

Is it possible to edit the level of kit pieces in the sampler?

Hi Andi_lofly,

What do you exactly mean by this?

Do you mix your music before cresting a mixdown, are effects involved?
In addition, using mastering effects might be of help, too.

Thanks,
Lars

Lars,

Just want to report that even after the update, I still can’t freeze a track with the IAA Drum Perfect Pro. I just get an empty audio track. iPad Air 3.

I know your team is working very hard to address all the issues and we appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ciro

Me too… And the track become distorted if I freeze the track in under my group track. It’s will not if I remove the track first by the group track. It’s annoyingly if I created the new project by the template where i have. So bad for workflow…

Hmmm… #april :unamused:

Hi Circo824,

Forwarded the issue to Marinus.

Best,
Lars

Hi, lars it’s on velocity too, in midi track the velocity it’s not work by the auv3/ iaa. How about it, it’s bug or not? After update Cubasis 3.0.1 is same-not work… I used koala, reslice, etc

Hi Andy_lofly, Hi Ciro824,

Please note that we’ve exchanged with Marinus who gave the issue a full testing with Drum Perfect Pro in Cubasis 3, where things work fully as expected (see his report below).

For further information, please exchange with Marinus directly.

Thank you,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Did some tests with 4 audio tracks routed from DPP as IAA into Cubasis3: the DPP All Instruments track as wel as the separate instrument tracks for Inst1, Inst2 and Inst3 (kick, snare and closed HH).

Recorded the 4 tracks simultaneously. Works as expected.

Inserted some effects on the IAA recorded audio tracks. Freezed the tracks. Works as expected.

Unfreezed the tracks. Works as expected.

Repeated this multiple times. No problems so far.

Ipad Pro 2017, iOS 13.3.1

Note that IAA transport control is only active if the “All Instruments” IAA track is inserted. Otherwise, DPP Play is to be started manually or triggered by Midi start. Tested the latter witch Cubasis Midi clock enabled as well, works as expected.

Pls let me know if there’s more to test.

Marinus

Still having UI problems and midi issues as follows.

Tapping forum in the help area is VERY hit and miss. I just tried to tap it about 50 times trying different spots on the screen. Eventually I hit the Facebook link and this forum opened.

If I copy a midi clip and reduce the size there are issues with Joining, possibly copy and paste as well. The data in the midi clip that is no longer visible is overplayed with adjacent midi clips when reduced size midi clips are joined.

Also Logitech Crayon doesn’t work at all which is a major disappointment. Is this something that will be fixed?

I seem to be experiencing something similar with 3.0.1 (ipad pro 12.9 2018, latest ipadOS): sometimes I am unable to change to another insert effect because navigating back in the plugin hierarchy is unresponsive - ie. nothing happens when I tap on the “Internal Effects” or “Audio Units” header which should take me to the previous level. At the moment it seems quite random when this happens, and with what type of insert effect (internal / AU). The only thing I can do in this situation is turn of the effect and load an effect into another empty slot.

Has the Cubasis team identified this behavior as well? I can try to provide a more accurate description next time this happens, but like I said it seems a little random.

Has the Cubasis team identified this behavior as well? I can try to provide a more accurate description next time this happens, but like I said it seems a little random.

Hi kimeiroma,

Thank you for your message.
It would be of great help to have your step description, to allow us reproducing the problem.

Thanks
Lars

Hi ailerom,

Thank you for your message.

Tapping forum in the help area is VERY hit and miss. I just tried to tap it about 50 times trying different spots on the screen.

So far I’m unable to reproduce the problem.
What happens if you tap the forum button and wait for a short moment?

If I copy a midi clip and reduce the size there are issues with Joining, possibly copy and paste as well. The data in the midi clip that is no longer visible is overplayed with adjacent midi clips when reduced size midi clips are joined.

If possible, please come up with a new bug report which includes detailed steps to reproduce the problem.

Also Logitech Crayon doesn’t work at all which is a major disappointment. Is this something that will be fixed?

Please note that the upcoming Cubasis 3.0.2 will resolve the current Apple Pencil problem.
Unfortunately we have no experiences with Logitech’s Crayon, but would be able to exchange the current 3.0.2 beta with you.

If you’re interested, please get in touch with me via private message.

Thanks
Lars

How long? I tap it and noting happens. I’ve probably only waited 5 seconds before tapping again because that is more than enough for any other feature.

Okidoke. Create a midi clip, e.g. 8 bars with something different in the last 4 bars. Copy and paste to a new location. shorten the clip to 4 bars. Align the end with the start of another clip. Glue. Problem.

Does the beta function normally or replace the existing C3?

Also, is there a way to disable the function whereby pressing and holding to select a clip also activates the cycle function? I need to tap and hold for a short while to drag clips but that activates cycle which is a pretty annoying feature. It happens repeatedly during an editing session and has a pretty major impact on my workflow as playback starts from an unwanted position.

Hi aileron,

Here is a short clip, what happens when tapping the forum button in the in-app help of Cubasis 3 (smoke tested on iPad Pro 12.9" 1st Gen + iPhone X with same results): WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Okidoke. Create a midi clip, e.g. 8 bars with something different in the last 4 bars. Copy and paste to a new location. shorten the clip to 4 bars. Align the end with the start of another clip. Glue. Problem.

Please let me know if the topic is similar to the one reported here:

Does the beta function normally or replace the existing C3?

Beta versions install over the existing Cubasis 3 app, which normally should be absolutely no issue.
Please get in touch via PM if you want to join, in testing your Logitech Crayon with the latest build.

Best wishes,
Lars

1. Nope, my iPad is not doing that.

2. Similar yes. Except that instead of one of the clips disappearing it’s more like this. Cut Clip A creating Clip A and B. Delete B. Align A with C. Glue joins the clips but overlays the end of A (which should be gone) with C.

3. I’ll contact you to find out more. My main concern is losing work through some issue requiring me to uninstall the beat to switch back to C3 release version.

Just to update the previous post on the forum link. It seems to work. Maybe I’m impatient but it takes about 5 seconds to launch. Feels like 20 but anyway. If I keep tapping, the forum doesn’t open until I stop.

Hi ailerom,

Thanks for the update, great to hear it works.

However, it should not take that long to open the forum (did you check my repro clip?)
Could this be related to your internet connection?

Thanks
Lars

Hi Cubasis team!

I have massive problems with automation - on an Ipad Air 2 64GB, iOS 13.3.1
I have an audio track on which I already had volume automation - then added some new audio segments opened the automation editor again and tried to mark, copy and paste an existing „volume point“.

After soing soI first saw the two newly inserted points, but selecting or zooming in and out they sometimes just disappeared - as well I sometimes see crazy connections between multiple points — as if there were two different volume curves „ and playing the track the colume also seems to jump. Trying to select and move the corrupt points does not work. They sometimes can be selected „ but won‘t move and can‘t be erased as well. Restarting and even switiching onmand off the ipad didn‘t help - as well removing all volume automation points and reprodcuing the curve let me run into the scenario again.

Just today updated to the latest version.

Unfortunately I can‘t seem to,post a screenshot here - I have one showing the whole automation with the impossible two different curves visible.

Same here on an iPad Air 2, 64GB, iOS 13.3.1

• Interapp-Audio not playing on multiple different apps - only after restarts
  • Copied and inserted audio or midi sequences aren‘t audible after inserting (only after restart)

Yes I checked the clip. Unlikely to be internet. No other problems with internet speed that I have noticed.

Spheriot post_id
Same here on an iPad Air 2, 64GB, iOS 13.3.1

• Interapp-Audio not playing on multiple different apps - only after restarts
  • Copied and inserted audio or midi sequences aren‘t audible after inserting (only after restart)

Hi Spheriot,

The user’s post you’ve been quoting was back from December.

With the release of Cubasis 3.0.1 we’ve resolved 30+ user-reported issues.
So you should no longer experience many of these issues.

Did you update Cubasis to the latest available 3.0.1 update?

Please let us have further details (see our bug form below) if the problem persists.

Thanks,
Lars