Cubasis 3: marker track

Hi Guys!

Is there one? Thanks a lot!

No, there is no dedicated marker track in Cubasis 3. But the basic start/end cycle markers are available.

Hi Sirko80,

Doubling lechbialek’s feedback:
As of yet, Cubasis does not support markers, except for the left right marker.

Best,
Lars

MARKERS is such a basic feature so as a TEMPO track. As a Cubasis 2 user, I don’t really see the true benefit of upgrading to version 3 and having to pay the full price again.

I just took the chance and upgraded to v.3 (at the discounted price) and so far I’m pretty impressed (I’d been waiting for some of the bugs to get worked out). Thank you for allowing those of us who had already purchased the FX packages to migrate those into the new version. That being said, i agree that having markers is a REALLY critical feature. Being able to label where sections of a song start and end, notate edit points, etc. is super important.
It’s probably fair to say that most of us realize that this is not necessarily taking the place of the bigger, more full-fledged DAWs out there, but I’m feeling pretty good about using this for an entire project right now and having a few additional features, such as this, even for a slightly higher price point, really goes a long way to improving upon an already wonderful app.

Hi all,

The feature is on our list.

Best,
Lars

2 Likes

Something as fundamental as a tempo track has “been on the list” at least since 2016. That doesn’t give much hope for markers… But it would be very useful indeed!

I just use empty midi clips on a midi track with no instrument loaded into it. You can name the individual clips the various parts of your song and colour them etc. It’ll do till we get the real thing.

Cheers
Jed

2 Likes

Please, I want too. So important for me

Yes please. We need Marker!

Hmm, one year on from last post with a recent update that apparently didn’t implement this :frowning:

Is it still on the list?

Same here, since Cubasis 2. :confused:

… still waiting for the marker tracks. Any announcement for the release date?
Thanks a lot!

Stratguy10

Apr '20

I just use empty midi clips on a midi track with no instrument loaded into it. You can name the individual clips the various parts of your song and colour them etc. It’ll do till we get the real thing.

Hi Sirko80,
I use this same method as Jed, using coloured named blocks on a empty midi track is very handy for pinpointing repeated song parts that can be instantly recognisable at a glance. It is so very easy to get lost in the song creation process, but by using coloured blocks as markers as you build your track helps immensely, once you start using this method……you won’t ever stop
Mike.

2 Likes

this would be a workaround if clicking on such a midi object (representing a song part) would somehow create loop markers around it (Samplitude does this, for instance). The way it is implemented now amounts to a visual memo without practical use/ramifications, unless I am missing something?

For me, long clicking on a midi or audio block sets the loop markers to the start and end of the block. It doesn’t always work but it usually does.

dobidicus many thanks, it works indeed and makes the workaround as suggested by fixitmania (thanks also) useful.

definitelyđź‘Ť

Hi @dobidicus,

For me, long clicking on a midi or audio block sets the loop markers to the start and end of the block. It doesn’t always work but it usually does.

Normally, this should work always!

Best,
Lars

… agreed Lars, its just one of those minor bugs that happens once in a while for me, no big deal, reload C and its back to normal