Cubasis LE 2 won't unlock on my iPad

I got a card for Cubasis LE 2 when I purchased a new Yamaha THR10ii. The app will not recognize the Bluetooth connection with my device / will not unlock. Am I to take it that I can’t use Cubasis LE on my iPad because it’s not an Air or Pro model? (It’s the 2019 iPad)

Hi bladerunner302,

Thank you for your message.
Please give the following steps a try, to unlock Cubasis LE2 with your new Yamaha THR10II:

(1) Please launch Cubasis LE.
(2) Please connect the THR30II to the iPad using a USB cable and the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter*.

After a short moment the message “Cubasis LE Activated” should appear.

*If you own the latest iPad Pro model, please establish a connection between the THR30II and the iPad via the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or the USB-C to USB Adapter.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the issue.

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try it. Is the apple lightning to USB camera adapter always needed to use Cubasis or it’ll work over Bluetooth?

1 Like

Hi bladerunner302,

We’ve been given the information by Yamaha, that the THR-II devices does not support unlock via Bluetooth.
Once Cubasis LE is unlocked, the USB camera adapter is not required to use the app.

Best wishes,
Lars

I’m having the same issue. But this thread is a little confusing. I have a Yamaha AG06 through an iPad Pro (10.5). The literature that came with the mixer speaks of LE not LE2. LE does not appear to be available anymore only, LE 2. LE2 only appears to except a Bluetooth connection to activate. AG06 is not Bluetooth. Did you get your configuration to work? If so how?

Hi DEL-111,

Please find Yamaha’s instruction how to unlock Cubasis with their AG06 device right here:
https://de.yamaha.com/de/products/music_production/interfaces/ag_series/software/cubasis_le.html#product-tabs

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

I’m having the same issue but with a Steinberg UR22C. I connected my Ipad 2nd generation via USB-C-Lightning cable and nothing happened, only white led on ur22c is flashing. Maybe do I need a Supply power for audio interface?

Hi biagio62,

This is the Cubasis forum.
Please state your question in the hardware forum, or get in touch with the Steinberg support.

Thanks
Lars

I have purchase a Yamaha AGO6 and am having an absolute nightmere trying to unlock Cubais le. On the yamaha web site it takes my to latest version 3 of cubsisis LE. I have down loaded it on my ipad. Todsy i purchased original Apple usb camber adaptor camera kit for &£40. Cubasis does not recognise the mixer. I tried isnalling itbon vsrious ipads. Very frausttating been trying forndays. Yamaha have really made this difficult fornusers. I was so excited about using the mixer ans all the marketing hype bit its turnibg out to be a complete night mere!

quote=bladerunner302 post_id=924899 time=1574107383 user_id=179168]
I got a card for Cubasis LE 2 when I purchased a new Yamaha THR10ii. The app will not recognize the Bluetooth connection with my device / will not unlock. Am I to take it that I can’t use Cubasis LE on my iPad because it’s not an Air or Pro model? (It’s the 2019 iPad)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Sehgala,

Please follow these instructions to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode, via connecting your Yamaha device:
https://ch.yamaha.com/de/products/music_production/interfaces/ag_series/software/cubasis_le.html

Please let me know if this helps to solve the problem.

Best,
Lars

Hi

I am new here and I guess I don‘t know where to post my question. So I try it here…

I bought the Zoom F6 MultiTrack Field Recorder. And now I am trying to connect it to my Ipad Pro as a interface (I have the apple connection-kit for usb input). And I use cubasis as my sequencer. But nothing happens. Cubasis or my Ipad doesn‘t recognize the zoom f6. Can anybody help me with this, please?

Thx in advance

Hi Philipp,

Cubasis LE comes bundled with a wide range of audio devices, which can be used to unlock the app from demo mode.
All supported devices are listed on our dedicated Cubasis LE website.

In your case it seems that the Zoom F6 device is not yet supported.
Since it’s up to the hardware device manufacturer decision what devices to bundle with our app, I recommend to get in touch with Zoom regarding the topic.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

I have the same problem with my Yamaha ag06. I followed the directions you posted in response to others, and it hasn’t worked. I am still in demo mode

Hi cassandrawasey,

Thanks for your message.

I have the same problem with my Yamaha ag06. I followed the directions you posted in response to others, and it hasn’t worked. I am still in demo mode

We are sorry to read that you have issues to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode with your give Yamaha device.

First of all, please make sure your Yamaha device is properly connected with the iPad.
Alongside, please make sure that Cubasis has access to the microphone via these steps:

• Please go to the iPad settings
  • There please go to Privacy / Microphone
  • Please make sure to enable Microphone use with Cubasis

Once done, please follow the steps stated on the Yamaha website:

https://ch.yamaha.com/de/products/music_production/interfaces/ag_series/software/cubasis_le.html

Please let me know if this helps to solve the problem.

Best,
Lars

Thanks,I made sure of all of this already. It still doesn’t work. When connected it powers on my ag06 but that’s about it

Hi

Please make sure to exactly follow the settings and unlock procedure, given by Yamaha. Alongside, it is often required to use original Apple adapters.

1. Connect the mobile battery to the [5V DC] terminal.
  2. Connect the camera connection kit or Lightning-USB camera adaptor to the iPad.
  3. Connect the AG series mixer to the camera connection kit or Lightning-USB camera adaptor.
  4. Turn the AG series mixer on.
  5. Launch Cubasis LE on your iPad device.
  6. Tap to close demo mode pop-up message.

Please keep me updated.

Best,
Lars

Thank you…I am very literate and able to follow instructions. It isn’t working

Hi cassandrawasey,

Thank you…I am very literate and able to follow instructions. It isn’t working

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the problem.

Please let me have more details about your iOS device and version in use.
Do you use original Apple adapters?

Thanks,
Lars

iPad Pro 2020
iPadOS 14.3

Yes original Apple adapter

Also I notice the box that appears is quite different to the box your company is describing. There are 3 options in the box
1: Start demo
2: Details Cubasis LE
3: Buy Cubasis

So the only way to exit this box is to either start demo, go online for more details or buy cubasis.