Dark Planet crashing Cubase 6.5

Hey all!!

Love the Dark Planet sound set. Wish I could use it. haha :slight_smile:

It keeps crashing Cubase 6.5, not upon loading an instance of it, but the second I start browsing through the preset menu. In other words, it crashes Cubase when it tries to load up a new sound.

Any ideas here?

I’m running Cubase 6.5 64 bit on Win 7, I’ve successfully used it before, but that may have been in Cubase 7, I can’t recall.

The most common cause would be needing to update Dark Planet to 1.1 Dark Planet Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

And needing to update Halion Sonic SE to 1.6.3 from:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_65.html

If the problem persists, start a new empty project. Go to Devices, VST Instruments, and load Dark Planet. What is the exact error you receive? If it crashes, try loading Halion Sonic SE, then loading a Dark Planet preset within it. Does this crash?

I definitely updated Dark Planet to 1.1. HALion Sonic SHOULD be updated, but I will double check.

Also, just tried using it within Cubase 7. Works like a charm in there!! wtf?! :slight_smile:

I’ll try the HALion update though…

I was using the Trial version and it would lock up whenever I opened HSSE and tried to load a Dark Planet preset. It worked fine when I loaded the Dark Planet “standalone” VSTi. Once I moved my “All Applications” (the 24 hour license) to another dongle, it stopped locking up.
HTH
J.L.
Described it here.