.DAWproject

Can you please look into getting .DAWproject file exchange into Nuendo and Cubase, I am using it with Bitwig and Studio 6.5 but Nuendo is my DAW I like the most for mixing and editing. Having used the .DAWprocject, I will say it is the easiest and most reliable DAW to Daw transfer I have ever used, AAF is so darn useless at times.

4 Likes

This is an absolute necessity for any DAW developer who values their customers going forward. I dont know software coding, so I’m not sure how complicated it is to implement, but it seems like a lot of the work has already been done and the results are being made available for free.

It’s 2024, we need to be able to colaborate with people, regardless of what software they use. Please Steinberg, make this happen!

1 Like

That’s why there are documented exchange formats as AAF, OMF and others.
Your only option is using AATranslator. https://www.aatranslator.com.au/

Fredo

Yes there is AAF etc, having used them all for years this new format.DAWproject is so much better and easy to use, I suggest you try it if possible to see how good it is, I have Bitwig and Studio 6.5 so I can see the results, using AAF and Studio 6.5 is still hit and miss as is using AAF with Nuendo, and the steps you have to take is crazy, compared, With to Save as.DAWproject and that is it, it does everything

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing this idea with us!

Cheers,
Armand

7 Likes

Do you know if there is any chance of Steinberg joining in on this format, or is it something the company is fundamentaly against?

Thanks!

I suspect Armand wouldn’t have posted if the team weren’t prepared at least to take a look at it.
We do collaborative work with several other entities so something like this would be a plus for us.

1 Like

here is a bigger topic about the same. Vote into that one ! DAWproject format, exchange between DAWs - Cubase - Steinberg Forums